Advice needed on Turunc (Turkey)

2»

Comments

• edited 6:03AM
    Hi, me and my boyfriend are going to Turunc in 6 weeks and staying at Hotel Turunc. It looks beautiful and we cant wait. Just wanting some clarity on the transfer...we have a 'shuttle' transfer from Dalaman through the holiday company. Any ideas on how long it will take? and if anybody has used the shuttle transfer, is it ok? Thanks :)
    Hi, i have been to the Zeybec with Jewel in the Crown for the last 2 years, and am going back again at the end of the month. The Zeybec is in the perfect location, right on the sea front, in the centre of the bay. Last year the municipality started charging for sunbeds on the beach, but the Zeybec paid for the ones in front of the hotel, and hotel guests were able to use them for free. I don't know if they will still do that this year.

As for the transfer, as I travel on my own, i use the holiday company's transfer as to book a private transfer would be quite expensive (see the rates on the JM travel website) However, the tranfers were not too bad. The first time we went in a large bus to Marmaris, with a 15 min break for toilet and refreshments, then transferred to minibuses for the last leg. - total travel time about 2 and a half hours. The second time we were in a minibus the whole way, so apart from drop off of guests in Marmaris it was a straight run through. However, in case you do not have a strong bladder, I recommend that you go to the looe before boarding the bus! I was ok, but my driver didn't speak much English and I wouldn't have relished having to ask him to stop for a comfort break!

I am sure you will enjoy your stay in turunc.
    Hi all, Myself and my girlfriend are going to Turunc in 4 weeks ( end of june ) we are staying in the ozcan hotel , iv heard bad reviews about it, ANY INFO?

Also if it is that bad, what is the going rate for food out there? We are looking for a relaxing holiday together and heard Turunc was amazing so booked it but im abit worried we got the worst hotel in the area!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
    turunc is one of the loveliest places ive ever been to. We've just come back (10th june) and we're already planning to go back. We stayed in my meric and read some awful reviews but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spotless clean and the staff were helpful. The food wasn't great and the lifts broke down a lot, which isn't great when you're on the 10th floor, but for the money we paid i would stay there again and use it as a base. We ate out most days and to be honest it's not much different to prices here. The snack bars are the cheapest and good value for money. For a taste of english theres friar tucks, its just like a chippy at home. If you want a late night the walk inn bar stays open til 4am but mostly the nightlife is about eating, drinking and chilling out. The people are absolutely fantastic with a good sense of humour and warm hearts. Dont book trips through hotel reps go down to the harbour, its more personal and cheaper.www.turunc-village.com gives you a virtual tour round the place. Dont worry too much about the hotel, its just somewhere to sleep because turunc is so lovely you wont want to be in the hotel any way. It's sleepy and relaxing and just perfect.ENJOY!!!
    hi i am going to Turnuc in turkey, with my three girls all under 10 and m-i-law and hubbi. Please help i have read sum very very bad reveiw on the hotel we are stayin 'My Meric Hotel'. And is there a sandy beach near by, most pepole are sayin it is very very peppely and my girls love the sand. The holiday rep said the transferes are only 1hour and 20 mins.
    On 1 reveiw it said the journey to Turnc is very scary mountain. I am so scared of mice and rats has anyone seen any there juss want to have a chill free holiday with my family. THANKS TO EVER REPLIES.............
    Hi, we are going to the turuc hotel in september, ican not find their web site , can someone who has been please tell me if they supply beach/pool towels thanks John.
    Hi John. I stayed In the Turunc Hotel in June and had no problems, it was perefct in every way. No there are no towels provided for the beach, but towels are changed daily for you room. There are cushions for the sun loungers which are clean and comfortable. You will love every single part of the hotel, and the surrounding area. Have a great time
    HI - im staying at the Gozdem 1 apts - anyone been there b4 ? has it got wifi ? Seen photos etc on youtube & it looks lovely
    Why is this thread NOT in the Turkey forum?!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Tina
    May be an idea to start a new thread in the Turkey forum as this thread was originally started in 2010. You'd possibly get more replies. Sorry I can't help as have never stayed at these apartments :o)
    However here is their website and there is a contact us page http://www.gozdemapart.com/1/en/index.html
    Are bathroom towells provided in the My Meric Hotel?
    Turunc is spectacular, I'd recommend it to anyone. However one very strong warning : if you Are thinking of staying at the Meril Hotel be very sure to check every single purchase made in the hotel as every couple staying there at the same time as us suffered multiple ' mistakes' in the financial transactions. You have been warned!
  • edited May 2012
    I'd say check everything at any hotel!! The other option is to insist on paying as you go. There are several reasons for this:
    Misunderstanding of room number
    Other less honest people giving other numbers
    Genuine human error
    and staff trying to make a little (or a lot) extra.

As a rule be very wary of 'put it on my room' - I've been caught a few times and managed to argue my way out. Mainly as I managed to drag in the person I had actually paid at the time.
    Is travellers insurance mandatory to get a visa on arrival?
    yes. A visa is very useful in any places. Just to avoid any questions regarding to your travels.
    Leevai,

Its "Travellers Insurance" I was more interested in, rather than the visa.
    For eg, if I apply for a schengen visa, i have to have evidence of travellers insurance which is an additional expense of £30.
    Is it necessary for a visa on arrival?
    Whether needed for a visa or not you need travel insurance when travelling. There are many internet comnpanies offering good but reasonable insurance - check out insure and go.

For example you may fall ill or have an accident. No-one can predict what will happen. part from hospital and medical costs there may also be the tremendous cost of getting yo back home by air ambulance or similar.

Not worth travelling without it.
    I am going to Turunc this September. Judging by the comments it seems a great place. I am looking for information on Scuba Diving in the area. Not beginner try dives, but for more experienced and also if it is possible to hire kayaks and/or small boats. Hope someone can help

Thanks

Ian
    I am going to Turunc this September. I am looking for information on Scuba Diving in the area. Not beginner try dives, but for more experienced and also if it is possible to hire kayaks and/or small boats.

Ian
    We are going to turunc next year, has anyone hired a car and driven from dalaman airport to turunc, last time we went to Icemeler by coach took two hours.

Thanks

Roy