Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

do non-immigrant students traveling to PR directly from US need unexpired visa?

edited March 2011 in - USA
I am currently a non-immigrant student in New Jersey holding F-1 visa which is EXPIRED cause i did not go back home country to renew it during the period when I was studying in US. I am planning a trip directly from New York JFK airport to Puerto Rico for coming spring break. So I am wondering if i need to go through Custom to show my passport or just bring driver license. because the visa itself has been already expired, i am worried about that the staff at checking point will deny me to enter PR or back to US mainland when they see my expired visa. So again, can I just bring my US driver license when i am getting there?


  • edited 9:57PM
    Also i am still during my valid and lawful I-20 period for study
Sign In or Register to comment.