Best time to go to Tunisia, weather in Tunisia in July and August

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hi it's Sam again nobody replied to my question!!! i'm going to tunisia in March 2010 so can anyone tell me what the weather is like at that time of year please???
  • edited January 2010
    Hi Sam, the weather in Tunisia is pretty mild at that time of year: max temperatures around 20 degree C. See here for more details on weather in Tunisia and other info about the country you might find useful. Lesley, our Tunisia expert will be back onlien soon with more info from the source. Doa search for posts about Tunisia on this forum and check out her previous feedback. Its good stuff!
  • edited November -1
    thank you David F i really appreciate it !!
  • edited November -1
    Hi im going to tunisa on the 21st on feb what is the weather like in feb usually?
  • edited November -1
    Kayleigh: See here for more details on weather in Tunisia and other info about the country you might find useful.
  • edited November -1
    Hi all - as I've just written in another post, tunisia may only be small but we have many different weather regions. We are in winter now and it can range from very cold to quite mild depending on the area. Winter can go until March/April and believe me in the south (dessert), the nights are intensely cold. However on the coast around the beach resort areas there is milder temperatures and of course quite sunny.
  • edited November -1
    Hello Sam - gosh - be calm we are here! OK it depends where you are in Tunisia in March as to what you can expect the weather to be. It will range from cool to cold in the North, milder on the east coast, to freezing in the desert. If you let me have more info or go to one of the weather sites that David has suggested then you will find all the information you need.

Enjoy your stay in Tunisie
  • edited November -1
    Kayleigh - generally it's cold in February but again, depends on where you are as to what the temps are like. Unless you are from Iceland I would forget about tanning and swimming in the Med.
  • edited November -1
    Hi Tanya,

the areas you are looking at staying are purpose built tourist resort areas aimed mostly at those who wish to relax on the beach for a few days. they are clean and generally the hotels are good. there are things to do in and around the area. Tataouine is wonderful as are the other areas you mention, however, they are quite a distance from Skanes. It would be difficult for you with local transport as much of the time you need to go to Tunis to get to these places. Many of the hotels offer trips to these areas and it is a very convenient way for most tourists to see some of this country. Find out if your hotel can organise this, or alternatively, there are many tour companies in Skanes that offer day trips etc.
  • edited November -1
    Hi there I am going to Tunisia, Skanes in June 2010. Cant really wait. Just wondering what sort of water sports are available from the beachs? Will it be real hot at that time of the year?
  • edited November -1
    Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will be going to Tunisia from 23rd June - 4th July 2010...can anyone give an insight into what sort of weather we can expect? We are staying in the resort of Yasmine Hammamet.

Cheers- Taylor
  • edited November -1
    GH - It will be warm, hot, warm, hot LOL!! June can become very hot, but on the coast it will be a little milder with nice sea breezes. You can dive, fish, wind sail etc. etc. There are many vendors of these sorts of things in Skanes and I am sure you will enjoy it. But also take a wander around Monastir and Sousse which are very close to Skanes. PEK is great for eating and has lots of restaurants/cafes around the marina areas.

I hope you enjoy your vacation
  • edited November -1
    Taylor - in a word it will be hot! Yasmine Hammamet is quite a tourist area but very clean and very nice. Lots of nice restaurants and cafes. I am sure you are going to enjoy your stay.
  • edited November -1
    Hi this forum is very helpful we are going to Skanes in January 2010 to the Sahara Beach I must admit I was hoping for warm weather as the last time I went to Sousse about 30yrs ago for 3 weeks in January and came home lovely and tanned .We are 3 adult ladies with 2 little girls age 10 & 8 will we be ok and have you any tips on where not to take the girls!..Thank you..
  • edited November -1
    Sorry that post above should have said..*we are going January 2011*
  • edited November -1
    Hi Maggie, lucky you getting a tan in January. It's winter here and January can be quite cold, however, Skanes is a little milder than the north and you may well have some sunny days.

You will all be absolutely fine. Tunisia is an extremely safe country and we all want to make sure that you enjoy your stay here. It is not super conservative but I always advise visitors, especially ladies, to be more modest in their clothing than perhaps they are at home. You will earn the respect of the locals and will feel more comfortable. the children will enjoy themselves, Tunisians adore children so they will be your gateway to 'extras' LOL!! I can't think of anywhere you can't take the girls, except perhaps walking down dark alleyways in the wee hours, but that goes for anywhere.

I do hope you will enjoy your stay and if you need further information I am more than happy to help
  • edited November -1
    Thank you for getting back to me that's a real help as I was a bit worried about taking the little girls but I think it's just common sense and we will be fine..you are doing a great job on here and I will keep reading to get more tips..have a good day!
  • edited November -1
    HI Iam going to tunisia 14th march 2010, and would like to know if the ATM machines around as i will be staying in port el kantoui. Plus im hoping for some warm weather ?
  • edited November -1
    Charhmaim13 - If you are staying in PEK then you can expect some nice warm weather. Just the last few days it has been quite warm but in Spring the weather can change quite quickly, but I am sure you will have some sun. There are many ATM in PEK so you will not have any problems, but you should check with your bank as to the amount it will cost per withdrawal. Some of the banks here charge the home bank quite a lot.

I hope you will enjoy your visit.
  • edited November -1
    I am going to Tunisia on 26th Feb along with my 8 month old. How is the weather there these days and what kind of clothes should we take along
  • edited November -1
    Zee - it will depend on where you are going to be as to what the weather will be like. It is now very nice and warm on the east coast resort areas but it is cool in the evening. If you bring some layers for you and your baby you should both be fine.
  • edited November -1
    Hiya,
    Im going to PEK mid april with a male friend.
    I do have a few questions if anyone can help???
    1. Whats the weather like?
    2. We are not married, will we be o.k sharing a room?
    3. Where's the best place to visit
    4. Should I be concerned that I am a red head?

Thankyou
    :-)
  • edited November -1
    Hi Sandee

I can try to help:

1. weather will be warm - yah!!
    2. you should check with the hotel that they are ok with you sharing. Usually if you are two foreigners it should not be a problem
    3. ok this question is hard to answer and depends on your interests but you can take a louage to Sousse for the day or to Monastir or Hammamet or even venture further for a day in Tunis the capital to see the old city and perhaps some of Carthage
    4. No you shouldn't be concerned that you have red hair

I hope you enjoy your vacation
  • edited November -1
    Visiting Skanes on 7th April for a week. Don't know what to pack. The weather forecasts look varied. Please can anyone tell me what the weather is like? Is the beach out of the question?
  • edited November -1
    Rach - the weather is starting to become a little warmer, however the sea temperature is still quite cool. But I am sure it will be nice to be on the beach. You should bring layers and something warm for the evening as it is still quite cool after the sun goes down.
  • edited November -1
    Thanx Lesley. Looking forward to holiday
  • edited November -1
    Rach, you are welcome and I hope you have a wonderful holiday
  • edited November -1
    hi there we are going to skanes july 14th what is the weather like at this time of year there?

kind regards kirsty
  • edited November -1
    kippy - the weather in July is hot! Enjoy
  • edited November -1
    Hi this is my 11th year visiting Tunisia absolutely adore Hammamet where we stay,and the people are fantastic made loads off,friends we normally go July/August but found 2009 extremly hot so we've decided on September this year ,will we still be able to spend lots of time on the beach.....roll on September 20 weeks to go!!!
This discussion has been closed.