Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Malta to Greece to Turkey

edited March 2009 in World Wide
Hi everyone,
I'm seriously thinking about going to Malta, Lesvos and Turkey in June. I have about 3 weeks. I think that I can get to Malta pretty easily by flying from the UK direct, but then I wonder if it's possible to get to Lesvos by flying from Valetta through Athens. Ultimately I would like to spend a few days in Turkey, visiting Epheseus but I don't know where else to go. Has anyone done these spots (all three) or should I just narrow it down to two? I am a woman traveling alone, I'm late 40's and not interested in partying or nightclubs -- just a combination of beaches, wine, good food, walking, maybe some wandering (but not lost). I spent time years ago in Dubrovnik (before the war) and it was popular with British tourists then (I'm from US). Is Malta the cheap British vacation now? I need a true break from my job, my responsibilities here . . . any thoughts?

Comments

• edited 11:56AM
    Hi, Yes from the Uk you can easily fly to Malta.

You can take the ferry from the Greek Island of Samos to Kusadasi in Turkey - If you want to stay somewhere a little quaint then I recommend Selcuk. Most guest houses offer free transport to the ancient site of Ephesus as its literally just up the road - From Selcuk you can take the dolmus to Pamucak beach

BTW Kusadasi is about 40 mins by road fromSelcuk so arranging a free pick up from the guest houses is not a problem

Enjoy
    Yes there are direct flights from Malta to Athens and to Turkey
    brouse Airmalta website www.freewebs.com

Regards
    Anthony
    sorry gave you wrong link
    www.airmalta.com
    Does anyone know if there is a direct flight from Malta to Corfu? Iam heading for a conference in Corfu at the end of May 2009 and would like to know if there is a direct flight rather than going to Rome to coonect to Athens or directly to Athens. I have been told that Air Malta flies directly there starting from the end of April. Can someone verify this?
    Dear Aristea
    There is only one Travel operator that do Corfu holidays.Infact i went for a week there with them and many friends fron my club did too.
    this is Fantasy Tours. They fly to Corfu two times a week i think its on Sundays and Fridays. this their link all can find here.

www.fantasytours.com.mt
    You can contact them about your needs.
    Regard
    Anthony
    www.freewebs.com/msidaredstarsafc