Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Egyptian Visa

edited October 2011 in Visa and Passport

I am a Canadian citizen visiting my family in Egypt.

I want to stay in Egypt more then one month.

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the visa for staying more then one month, at the point of entry (airport) or do I need to get it beforehand from the Egyptian embassy here in Canada?

Thank you.


  • edited 10:37PM
    Hi Spuddy999, as you are canadian citizen, so you will get the entry visa to Egypt upon your arrival in Cairo Airport without any problems.
  • edited 10:37PM
    Non-Egyptian visitors arriving in Egypt are required to be in possession of a valid passport. Entry visas may be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions Abroad or from the Entry Visa Department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA). It is, however, possible for most tourists and visitors to obtain an entry visa at any of the Major Ports of Entry. Please check with your nearest Egyptian Consular mission for more details concerning visa regulations applying to your citizenship.N
Sign In or Register to comment.