Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Working Holiday Visa for my Mexican girlfriend

edited February 2012 in - Canada
Hi, I'm Canadian and I want my Mexican gf to visit me in Canada to work and travel. We've known each other for close to a year and have been together in person for about 3 months. She's never asked me to $ or support. She's in the middle of her college education and is trying to save up money to come here herself. I've traveled for a few years so I know the typical scams girls do and I just want to say that she is not one of them.

It is I who's decided to offer her some support after a few months of being away. One of the requirements for a working holiday VISA is to have 2500$CAD in her account. She only recently opened a personal account and placed her savings into it of about 1000$. What is the best way for me to offer support for the other 1500$ ?

I don't think it's a good idea to send it through WU or bank wire, apart from the financial risk, simply because immigration might have a problem seeing an unexplained 'big' deposit from a girl with low means. I am considering writing a letter to sponsor her financially until she finds work here. If i do write the letter, should it be as a moral obligation or should I offer proof? How much $ should I have in my own bank account if I want to or should show proof - is it 5000$? 10000$?

Thank you !!!


  • Hi Soranz,

    Have you tried western union? I used it a couple of time when my family had to send me money from Mexico to the Netherlands, apparently my mexican visa card didn't work

    Best wishes,
Sign In or Register to comment.