Hello! I have been reading a lot of the posts and still have some questions which may or may not be a repeat.
I am very, very excited for my trip to Tunisia. I will be coming by myself and I am female. I am going for 5 weeks starting Sept 27. I am coming from Canada. I will have the opp to experience all of Tunisia, the culture, food and history. I am visiting many cities around Tunis before heading to Gafsa, where I will be for the remaining 3 weeks.
1. I will be there for Eid - What should I expect and what will be expected of me?
2. I understand that it's better to exchange money when I arrive to Tunisia. Do they except Canadian currency or is it better to exchange it for U.S. money first? Would I be able to take DN out of the country as a keep sake for my kids?
3. do you have a link in english for the different transportation's that I can take. I plan to rent a car but if it's cheaper and just as fast to get from one city to the next, that may be a better alternative.
4. I have a male friend who will be helping me well I'm there. I am not coming to look for any relationship but as we will be spending majority of the time together, along with his family, what should I expect and what is the norm. I do not believe in sex before marriage so this won't be happening (I also know that it's against the law there anyway) but what should I do if he wants to help hands, sit close to me ex..
5. I have another family that I would like to visit well in Tunisia. Yes, a male friend and his family. Would this be rude, unexceptable to visit both families at the same time or even hang out with the two of them together? (I also know about Bizeness and they both know that I'm not coming for any relationship or visa)
6. As I'm coming for this trip and my friend is going to show me around, would it be rude to ask him if he can pay for part of the expenses of the car rental/gas, food (that is if he can afford it). In Tunis, I will be renting a house or I will be in a hotel well he stays with friends. I haven't worked the details out at this time for my accomadation's.
6. I am a Christian and understand that there is persecution happening in Tunisia against the Christians (I may be misinformed?). I wear a cross on my finger, should I take it off and not wear it there? I would like to read my bible and listen to christian music as this is my strength through the days, will it be looked down upon? The family I will be with are Islamic but know that I'm a Christian.
6. I plan to do a lot of site seeing. How long would it take to tour around Tunis and then the surrounding cities. I'm giving myself 2 weeks and then a week to head south to Gasfa because I want to stop at the different cities along the way. Is this time frame not enough time or am I giving myself to much time?
7. What is the average cost to get into the museums? To take a camel ride and the cost to take the Star Wars Tour? I've looked on line but can't find the cost for these events.
8. Ok, dumb question but have to ask..I know to dress modoret but I really want to swim in the sea. Is a one piece bathing suit good enough or will this cause problems? what is the best thing to wear at the beach? I do wear a bathing skirt over top. Will the water be warm still in October? I understand that the nights in October get cold.
9. What can I be expecting to spend on a daily average? I'm on a tight budget but still want a good holiday.
10. Do you know what sort of water bottle with filter, I can buy to make the water clean for me to drink? Instead of having to buy bottled water.
I think that this is all my questions. Thank you for answering each and everyone as I know it will be time consuming. I am learning all that I can (even french, I don't know anybody who speaks arabic) so not to go blind as this is my first international trip.
Take Care and Thank you again