Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

How old do you have to be to work in Egypt?

Hi, I am 17 years old and have recently come back from my holiday in Egypt Sharm El Sheikh, I really enjoyed my time there. I am really interested in working within hotels with children/entertainment work, i have applied for jobs within the hotel and with the entertainment company that worked there however i have looked all over the internet to find out how old you have to be to work there and can not find any Information what so ever and it is really frustrating as i want to get back there as soon as possible! I turn 18 on the 26th of january and just wondered if anyone knew what age you have to be and if it is 18 is there any chance i will be able to work there whilst i am still 17 for example with parental permission.

I really want a job there and will literally do anything! Please please please someone help meeeee!!!
Thank you.

Additional Details
I am from Leeds England getting a job in Egypt would be great life experience and is something I really want to do.. I have always wanted to travel the world and I feel it is better to explore the world whilst I am still young then if travelling is not for me I still have the opportunities to carry on further education in England and just to let you know I have completed high school and passed all my GCSE's and I also completed my first year in college however it wasn't for me.


  • are you in egypt?
  • edited August 2014
    georgietidswell, I too had wander lust at your age and I would never tell you not to follow your dreams. You do need to be 18 before you are an adult to go off alone. However there are countries and Egypt is one of them where you will have great difficulty obtaining a work permit.
    Without any skills or qualifications you will struggle to find a good job any where. In Egypt you need to find an employer to employ you and deal with all the government paper work and frankly you have little to offer when there are thousands of educated unemployed Egyptians

    I suggest you you look at VSO voluntary Service Overseas youth volunteering
    Get an ESOL qualification to enable you to teach abroad.

    There are loads of such sites where if you volunteer you can learn skills and travel
    Good luck

Sign In or Register to comment.