Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Decide between New York City or Paris?

edited September 2010 in World Wide
I'm flying from Africa to the US for Christmas and it looks like I have the choice of a one day layover in either New York City or Paris. I'm pretty well-travelled, but I've never been to either city. How do I decide? Help!

Comments

• edited 5:19AM
    Both the cities are great but I suggest you to visit Paris. It is the most romantic city full of varied cultures. I love it for its museums (Louvre and Pompidou), stunning pieces of architecture and sidewalk cafes.
    New York City - no question about it! Paris is pretty disappointing in reality, but New York holds up to any expectations. Plus its a great city to explore in 24 hours because it's compact and easy to get around. As for great art, its a tough call, but the Met in New York is less crowded, pay what you want to access, and full of treasures!
    Both are absolutely great but I would suggest you go to Paris this time. Lots of beautiful attractions are found in Paris also and you will definitely enjoy.
    Just an update for you guys, I ended up going to Paris, but rather wish I had chosen NYC. I hadn't taken into account that I don't speak any French, and wandering around by myself felt a bit isolated. The lines for the museums were stupidly long so I didn't go into any of them, and it was a Sunday so all the stores were closed. It was a lot of fun still, and I'm glad to say I've been there and took some awesome pictures:-)