Lagos scams: pta,bta,mias

Comments

• edited 9:44PM
    Hi everyone I just read every single comment on this page and I need help. Does anyone know this person "mbuble_evans@yahoo.com" I had fallen for him to a point that now I feel that all of this is not right, he is stuck in Lagos, Ni trying to get home, he has sent me a print out of a flight ticket to travel home Oct. 19, something happen when he was going thru immigration that claims that his visa had expire and was not able to flight back home, however I received an email from the turkish airline explaining to me what had happen and that Evans was not at fault and was not aware that his visa had expire. Now he is telling me that he is schedule to travel Oct. 30, but needs to have PTA with him of 1800 to present at Turkey before transfering to the airline that will bring him to Chicago. Please advice if anyone knows about this person or should I believe is not a scam, he has been contacting me every day since he has been at Nigeria even over the phone, I had try to do a background check on him but because his address is out of LA, Chicago police cant get any information for me, Prince I is there any way you can help me I will really appreciated. I had met this person at Nocheatersdate.com, he claims to live in LA, has sent me driver license, USA passport, a suppostly check that was given to him for a Job that he just finish in Nigeria and he has been stuck there for quiet a while. Can anybody advice girls have you had any type of contact with this person before. Please email me at sandyr3074@gmail.com Thank you
    has any one heard of James Brown that goes by matchjames234 on any online dating scams
    Regarding the last two posts: Mbuble as in Michael Buble...famous British artist...James Brown as in...oh come on who hasn't heard of James Brown? Please do not ever send money to a person you have never met....if they loved you they would not ask and think...Would YOU ask a random stranger you had exchanged emails and 2D pictures with for money???
    These guys are pschologically trained and prey on the vulnerable and lonely...face it ladies...love is much more sensory: seeing, smelling, touch etc. ask yourself why you are falling so madly in love...is it because it suits you? it's easier than getting out and about and meeting people?
    Please believe when I say that I am not mocking - I very nearly fell for it myself once - but you came looking for information...WHY did you? Same reason I did! too many nagging doubts.
    If any of the guys are genuine then ask yourself this, why do they not have ANYONE else who can help them? If any of the cr*p they come out with happened to me, my work colleagues or family/friends would be the first person to ask!
    Please take care, it hurts I know but it would be a million times worse if you are being robbed financially also!
    Anyone know Dr.Albert Jr working for American Red Cross. Now in Iraq marine base. Divorced with a 10 yrs old daughter.
    Wife slept with his best friend cum lawyer. Been in Iraq since 3 yrs ago....
    Hi, I have been talking to a man named Rob Maxwell who says he is in the U.K. but his IP address is in Lagos Nigeria. We met on Facebook, then quickly wanted to use yahoo I'm, so I did. Said he loved me. Then was going on a business trip on contract. Then all the sudden his son fell and hit head and needs surgery, and the doctor will not operate until $1500 is paid. Then claims he has rough diamonds at a security company to send back here to the states, he wants $3000 for this. He is a stammer and his email address is robmaxwell91@ymail.com. Beware, does anyone know about him also?
    I have been talking to a Kevin Brown for months He said he need money for some medicine . then he wants to marry me too . He has a daughter Rose . He says he is from Plant city .Fl .. He talked about the B.T.A too and asked me to send him 1500.00 . So we can be together Ladies he is a smooth talker I"m so glad I did my home work .. And came to this site he is a scammer too ... kevin61190@yahoo.com
    met this girl on match.com seemed really nice. Talked for a few days, got to know each other. she said she was down in Nigeria picking up her products. she was from Minn. she needed 200.00 to get her product, then she was goin to fly back to the us to meet me. I sent the 200.00. next she needed 1500.00 for the BTA fee. I searched online and told her that it was a lie, and about the scam. she didnt believe me. says shes been cryin cause she wants to come back and be with me. says she loves me. I know I'm out of 200.00 but no more. her email is janet_d4043@yahoo.com does anyone know her.
    guys, sorry for those people who lost money over some scams by nigerians. i think nigeria is really a country full of scam artists. and unfortunately for us, they are also all over the world now. and they operate like people with single-minded purpose to scam, cheat and steal. i was lucky enough not to be victimized by them but i almost got used by one nigerian who wanted to partner in business with me. but later on i realized that all he wants is to use my company documents for a transaction which i could not understand. so i just dropped him off. so sometimes they can also come in different styles, just be careful people. - gary.sa.2010@gmail.com
    do not send any money to any one named JOLEEN ANGIE.i am at least the second man that i know of has been scammed by this nigerian ciminal.my story is similar to everyone elses.she is from mich.in nigeria doing missionary work taking care of motherless kids with her mother KATE.i sent her money for food,airline ticket,passport,etc.bla! bla! bla!.i wish that i would have known about this site before i sent this criminal any money.please,do not send any one that you don't know any money!don't be a fool like me!any questions,contact me at jdagiji8@aol.com.i want to do anything that i can to stop these criminals.
    i meant to add in my last comment.i urge everyone who has been scammed by these criminals to google-internet crime complaint center-and file a complaint.this is a branch of the f.b.i.be specific with all of the info that you can.if enough people complain then maybe something will be done
    do not be fooled by a woman going by the name of paula wilson. i myself was taken for $550. and would have been more if i did not look into lagos nigeria airports. my story is the same as previous encounters. claimed to have unpaid hospital bills, said they were christian. were not bein fed. promises of love and a better life. and of course the BTA come into play. my the good lord show no mercy on their pitiful souls.
    I just received an email from a Alex O Joseph (happyalex1966@yahoo.com) who after more than a week of sending emails (after meeting on singleparents.com website) requesting funds in the amount of $775.00 for PTA (Passenger Travelers Allowance) per his 5 year old daughter, Riley was severely burnt after falling onto gas cooker and it catching fire. After googling his information Alex O Joseph Victoria, Lagos 23401 Nigeria I came across this website. Thank you to the person who first posted this scam artist. In return, I will post, as well.
    Hi every body ,

Some one asked about any news for this e-mail : Gonzalezfrancesc@yahoo.com , i know him , and I want to share my information . please get in touch with me by my e-mail : Roshanak5959@yahoo.com ,
    Looking forward to hear about that soon .
    Hi everyone i have just read all the comment's on here and i don't know what to believe anymore myself...I know couple of man there in Lagos Nigeria and they have been there for 4 and 5 yrs now and they keep saying they need more money because the ppl at the airport won't let them on the plane without so much money and i try to tell my future husband that it is a scam and he tell's me no it's not and i said well if u don't believe me then u look it up yourself...so far i havn't heard from him yet today.....If anyone can help the american's with this bigggg scam's please do so...There are so many american's who have been trying to come home but when they get there ticket's something always comes up...I can give u one-this guy i know but not real good but i know it is true but here it is anyway's-this guy was on his way to the airport and the cab driver hit a pole and the funny thing is that this cab driver take's the same turn everyday so how can that be accident????? So please if anybody know's thing's like this please feel free to get with me michellisdeansbaby_247@yahoo.com.....I am sooo tired of the lie's and game's that the people there in Nigeria are doing to the american's, it would be great if they can be home for Christmas and start a new year in the good...Sorry i didn't explain real good on this but i do feel this is alll a scam what they are doing there in Nigeria......Thanks
    Hi everyone, I just talk to my future husband and he tell's me that he talk to a person who works at the airport and tell's him that he does need $8000.00 to get on the plane and the funny thing is that he already got his ticket, so is this a real scam about needed this kind of amount just to get on the plane???? I feel like all this is soooo stupid about needed alot of money just to get back in the Unilted States. Some people tell me that it's the government there in Nigeria and some people saying that it isn't the government doing so who should i believe? The way i look at it is that if you show proof that you are a american they should allow you to come back....I feel that the people are just beening noseing about the american's don't know but i also feel that if Nigeria know's you got alot of money on hand they can try to rob you or get someone else to do knowing that you are going back to the USA....So please let us all know about this thing that you have to have money just to get on the plane........Thanks
    Hi mimi, that's definitely a scam.
    Your future husband doesn't need the cash at the airport. Especially if he's already got his ticket and visa to enter the United States. The only time you would need to prove sufficient funds is during the visa application process with the US Embassy, you do not need to show the money at the airport and you are certainly not advised to carry that amount of cash with you anywhere.
    In an age of credit cards and international bank cards requiring people to carry cash is very rare. I would not trust the people telling you you need to have $8000 - it's a scam.
    I was scam as well by this person Richard oneil who clam he is a civil engineer working on project in Ibadan,Oyo .He state that he have just completed a Federal project,he ran out of money cause he pay his worker for this project he don't have his fare back to the USA. I send him money i sense that this wasn't right but he said it wasn't; He stated that his driver Adeleke,Opeyemi would go to the Western Union and get the money BIG Scam. Please reware of this Scam. Sign NMM
    I started with a Richarddave14@yahoo.com a couple of months ago, met him on a dating site, engineer from Scotland, got a contract job in Nigeria. One of the workers got hurt, needs money to pay hospital bill, doctors won't treat him until they get money, every scenario he has come up with reads like chapter and verse in the scammers webpage. Long story short i fell for it and got scammed for $1600 and he is still trying to get BTA's fee again, he is relentless, I have tried to get rid of him several times but he won't go. Ladies beware of richarddave14@yahoo.com
    I feel that I need help also because I met a man on Bikerornot site whom was from Boston. He said he was an architect working a job in Germany. Lost his wallet which had charge cards/bank card and that needed money until job check arrived. He emailed me a copy of passport and check from the company he did the work but did not want to cash check there because he would have to pay German taxes and then US taxes too. He had problems in Germany so now in Lagos asking for more money to get him back to the US. His name is Alexander Eddie Michael(alex114us@yahoo.com) I do not know what to believe anymore.
    Help(yellowrose99tx@yahoo.com) He still talks to me daily had to sell computer for money he said. If Prince1 would please reply I would appreciate and anyone else.
    i have been talking to this guy for almost a year...he lives in uk but is in nigeria visiting his mother. i don't know what to think about him, he asked me for 200 to add to what he has for his plane ticket to visit me here and then he is headed back to uk...does anybody know this email address: james_olanrewaju10@yahoo.com; if any of you have talked to him before please let me know before i make a mistake. i told him i did not have it and he said he understands, but i got a strange feeling for the first time about this.
    Hello,

I am glad to find this website and to read all of your comments. I want to share my story with all of you, who either is a victim of a Nigeria scam or not. I am almost the victim of ID theft and/or Nigerian scam since Nov 2010 (I still do not know what that Nigerian guy, named Bryan Bathern, will do with my personal data info. I already reported that incident to all my financial firms, SSA, Dept of Motor Vehicle, Federal Trade Commission, and local police, and credit bureaus, right after the day I received the last email from him that asked me for money. They help to step up better security and fraud alert flags on all my accounts for me. I also called Ireland embassy, USA embassy and UK embassy about that guy, and was told that there is no person named Bryan Bathern!

Only local police and FTC did not do much, because I am told that the crime has not happened yet! Maybe it is too early ...

I, at first, was shocked to find out that Bryan Bathern turns out to be a fake; for example, he claimed to be Irish-Italian oil and gas engineer, who grew up in Dublin, Ireland. He also claimed to live in Miami, Florida with a work visa for three years. How did I figure out? Well, here is my story panning out...

I almost fell for one scam just recently after that fake guy, named Bryan Bathern, found me and emailed me via online dating site, called Spark.com last Nov. 2010 I was, at first, excited about him, who was a real good, charming, smooth email writer, but I had no idea that he is a Nigerian scammer. We exchanged emails for two months - our work, and my birthplace- nothing real personal information, yet.. One day, I emailed him that today was my birthday (my mistake). He asked me for my home address, so he said that he will send me a special birthday gift. He seemed genuine, honest enough for me to give him my home address, my mobile and landline phone numbers and email address (yes, I was stupid to give him that info). All his emails seemed so convincing that all ladies would love to hear. He said that he had to go to Nigeria for an oil business for 2 weeks as of Dec 4th and will come back to USA after the oil deal is done. Then I emailed back telling him that Nigeria is one of the most dangerous countries to visit or do business. I also told him that I know something about Nigeria scams. He was kind of cool about this - that made me wonder... He said that he would love to fly out to California to see me for Christmas, and asked me the name of nearest local airport. I had not heard anything from him for a week - that made me scratch my head as well ... After Christmas day, I received his email (the last one) telling me that he was robbed of his belongings on the way to the airport in Lagos, Nigeria, was injured, and ended up in the hospital for his health problems. Then he said that he begged the doctor to borrow his laptop to communicate with me, because his own laptop was stolen (?), so he asked me for $1000 for his hospital bill and reschedule of his flight back to USA. He declared his strong love for me. (oh, really, why did he ask me for money in the first place?)

I was so so so mad at him for telling me all lies! That was how I figured out that he turned out to be a Nigerian native or scammer! I did NOT give or send him any one penny. I emailed back to him that he should contact his embassy for cash emergency, not me! I was surprised that he stopped contacting me after I told him what I know about him as a Nigerian scammer. It has been more than a month now. Now, Prince 1, he has my personal data info, and I am kind of worried and scared, if he might find a way to get me for money. He seemed to control my life since Nov 2010, but I try my best not to let him ruin my life. Can you give me advice of how I can report him to some higher authority other than local police and FBI? I am curious about tracing his IP address - how to trace that?

Please Be warned, all of you, to be more careful with these kind of scammers, who talk or email good to make you to fall in love with them, and later ask for money. Their pictures are all fake - I mean it is very easy to copy any pictures of good-looking or beautiful persons online. I am glad to get out of the whole joke. I think I'll be better off being a single until a right man comes along in person. Good luck...
    People please, i know love is a very sensitive feeling but at the same time its good to be very observant. I am a Nigerian living in Lagos, and I am proud to be a Nigerian. My country has a population of about 150 million people so you can expect to have an handful of bad eggs in that, but that doesn't mean that we are all bad people.
    Falling into a ditch might be allowed but falling into it with both eyes closed is totally out of this world, i am not blaming anybody for falling in love and for being so caring but please be guided in what ever action you are taking.
    The bottom line is DO NOT SEND ANY BODY MONEY FOR ANYTHING, NO MATTER HOW TOUCHING THE STORY MIGHT BE.
    If you are into a relationship of that sort presently, demand for video evidence of the person's existence and of any sad story he might bring up. No body can love you as you would love yourself, so always look out for your best interest first, DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SCAMMED.

i can not really say enough.
    I have been talking to a person that found me on match.com. Has any man ever heard of Josephine Cole. Josephinecole197999@yahoo.com if you have I would appreciate a comment back. Parents died at age 16 now in Lagos age 35 living with grandma. Parents were killed in a car crash Jeff Cole mother Omotola Cole sound familiar I dont know?????
    Please BEWARE of a man calling himself Mathew Greg. He is a scammer. He talks sweet nothings to you while scammer you for everything you are worth. Using the bta crap to get money. Said his son died and he buried him in a bush...go figure.
    Well, good to see that i am not alone. I signed up for Spark.com to check it out for the "new year". After lots of IM. These are two men everyone should stay away from BRUCE MARK - from Jacksonville FL and JANNICK J MOGENS from London. Both say to have lost their wife to an accident or heart attack. Both turn out to have business in Nigeria and one lost his wallet and the other cant use credit cards in the city he is in. Bruce is a "soccer agent" and uses information from FIFA (world soccer league) and Jannick is a building engineer. Both say they have money and both needed me to send it.. I am flat broke so they were out of luck. I called the American Embassy in Nigeria told them both stories and the confirmed it was a scam. There is no such thing as a BTA. The embassy looked up both names/date of birth/age for me and found that there have never been passports issued in those names. The FBI does have a task force to shut these type of people down. Here is the site.. http://www.ic3.gov. My call to the American Embassy in Nigeria was all i lost... If you have heard from these two... we should compare notes.. if you know of other names. let me know... cdena@rocketmail.com.thanks. Back to the drawing board...
    well well, after reading through and show that there is a scammer. Fortunately I am not alone.
    I have several times refused to send money, but it always pops up and they do not give up until they get the money.

we are ourselves together and get more out of names (even if they are fake or real?
    we must stop this madness.
    Is there anyone who can help answer that question? Need a good description what it means "basic travel allowance".
    Became acquainted with a man and he comes from America and will travel to Europe. He says that he needs BTA to travel. Want me to send $ 2,000 via MoneyGram. I hope there is someone who can answer it?
    Is it scam or honest?
    I was sent a message on singleparentsmeet.com by alex jospeh. His email is happyalex1966@gmail.com. I did give him my personal email and recieved an email from him. Just like the rest of you, he has a daughter named Riley. I found the email a little too informative for a first one and to protect myself, I googled him. Couldn't find anything from where he said he was from, etc. I searched him the next day on singleparentsmeet.com to find he was no longer on the website. That's when i figured it was a scam. I reported it to singleparentmeet.com, but I also sent him an email stating I thought it was a scam and I wanted more identifying information to verify it wasn't. I plan to use whatever information I recieve against him. Anyone know who we can report this guy to?
    I am asking for Prince 1 to contact me for more help in trying to see whom besides the FBI do I need to contact to report Alex Michael as a scammer whom is now in Lagos but started in Germany. I am also a retired Army person that can't afford to lost my saving. Please contact me a (yellowrose99tx@yahoo.com)
    I too received the same email from Alex O. Joseph on singleparentsmeet.com. He had the same email and IM information; happyalex1966@gmail.com and happyalex196644 for yahoo instant messaging. He talked to me for about a week before he asked me for money. He said his internet would be cut off and he wouldn't be able to talk to me all weekend. He also said he would pay me back double the amount the following Monday. I got the same sad story of his wife dying from breast cancer three years ago and he has a five year old daughter named Riley. He even sent a few pictures to my personal email address. I told him that I had a really good friend who was from Nigeria and that I hadn't heard good things about the place. He said he was only there to work as a building contractor for a few weeks and the he was from South Bend, Indiana. If you watch the grammar and English verbiage carefully, you can tell that he is not from the United States. I told him that I suspected he wasn't from the US and he offered to scan his passport to me. I declined but I did get all the information on where I should 'send his money'. I reported him to the authorities with all of his information. If anyone can tell you they are in love with you after 2 days and want to marry you after 4 days then something is definitely wrong! He is the biggest loser I have ever met and thank goodness I did not send him money. I reported him on every web site I could find him on. I hope this helps someone else not to become a victim.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler