I need help planning my trip to Italy

2»

Comments

• edited 5:36PM
    What would be the best way for 4 adults to travel to Bellagio from Milan on Monday 14/2/11?
    hi all,
    We are an australian couple travelling to italy for the first time and we would like to fly to rome from manchester in uk and hire a car to drive to tuscany and spend 2 weeks. We would like to do florence sienna pisa etc. Ideally we would like to stay between these places and make day trips. Italy has so much to see that I want to take it in slowly, hence the focus on one area. Any and all comments and tips would be helpfull.

Thanks aussie olds
    hi all
    I think with 2 week is enought to visit part of tuscany.
    You can arrive to Rome and then visits the capital in 3/4 days. (is minimum).
    The tuscania is wonderfull for a particular landscapes, food, wine.
    The better is Montepulciano, Chianciano Terme, Montalcino, Pienza (are in the same zone) and after Siena.
    From Siena you can continue for Monteriggioni. Now you can visit San Gimignano, Volterra, Certaldo and after continue to Firenze.
    From Firenze you can return on Pisa and to take the fly to return in Uk (Ryanair)
    Bye Bye
    I have been living in Italy for 25 years and in a very touristy part of the country. What I cannot understand
    is why everyone insists on visiting the same places which at times can become utterly unlivable by the hoardes
    of people. There are so many beautiful places off the beaten track with only Italian and German tourists
    and at times not even those. One of these places is a little mountain town in the Dolomites called San Candido
    or Innichen. It has two names as it is almost on the Austrian border and has 2 official languages.
    Perfect for skiing and Nordik walking in winter and spectacular during spring, summer and fall. Very close to the
    Three Peaks of Lavaredo which can be easily reached with the efficient local transport. Great walks for all types
    and perfect for children of all ages.
    The area can be reached easily by train or car.
    Really a great experience.
    I entirely agree, I am a frequent visitor to Italy and must admit that my favourite experiences have been those enjoyed off the beaten track. The country has some superb countryside and although the small villages and towns are too many to mention, the South of Italy is certainly packed with enough diversions to make your holiday memorable. If time isn't an issue, and you are feeling energetic, there are plenty of bike tours to be enjoyed during the summer, while car rental is also an option.
  • Italy is a very beautiful place. I went there a year back with my family and I enjoyed it very much. I believe many people who are here on the thread agrees to this. I have planned a tour to Italy again in mid august.
  • Hi I am planning to go to Florence, I would like to know if 4 days is enough considering we will be doing a day trip to Tuscany. 
  • Hi Mayanka,
    You will probably be left wanting more time in Florence as there is so much to see and do, but four days is sufficient for an introduction to the city. You'll have to prioritise when it comes to sightseeing, but you can do a general historical tour to take in a bunch of attractions in one day and then spend the other two days at places that genuinely interest you. A day trip into Tuscany should be really fun too. 
  • With more affordable hotel rates and ideal weather, spring and fall might be the best time to visit Italy -- from April to June and September to October. And your trip to Italy from June 2nd to June 29th is good. You should spend 
    One-Two Days in Bologna
    Two Days in Florence
    Padova is a full day if you want to make a foodie side trip to Le Calandre
    Two or Three Days in Tuscany
    Two or Three Days in Rome, 4 day in rome is enough to stay in Rome.
    Sicily is another nice place to visit it has long been a crossroads and crucible of Mediterranean culture, and the island today is a fascinating palimpsest in which Greek temples, Norman churches and Baroque palazzos emerge from the rich fabric.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler