Istanbul for honeymoon !!! ??

2»

Comments

• edited 10:33AM
    cay or chay ..it's pronounced same as in my home language ''arabic'' and so did Cimit :)
    but it's seems to be a long distance between sultanahmet and taksim !!!

the wedding Will be in the 4th of November insha ALLAH
    u know am talking a lot about taksim cos' when i ask anyone who visited Istanbul he said ''ohh taksim you will stay only there'' :) so i felt that there is no other sq. or places,,they told me u will find famous shops burgerking.. etc turkish food restaurants and so on
    what about cafee and restaurants in sultanahmet area ???
  • edited August 2011
    TAKSIM SQUARE and BEYOGLU STREET is the heart of Istanbul and unique.They are talking about BEYOGLU STREET I guess.
    Clare i found tripadvisor very useful thank u :)
    Sultanahmet park hotel ..i searched for the website but the rooms seem to be narrow :(
    Unfortunately when we have been to Istanbul we have stayed with family so a very different experience - in more ways than one!!!

All I would say is places are not so far apart but it is the traffic - very congested in Istanbul! Actually more than very!!!

There are also some unique boutique hotels there as well. I suggest you maybe ask a few well defined questions on the Istanbul forum of TA. On that forum are people that live there as well as visit and there are some real "experts" with very good uptodate experience. They know of the smaller yet superb hotels that may get missed on a general internet search.
    I found Minel hotel in sultanahmet area ,, i like it :)
    please i want to know if Aksary and Tepabasi are so far from sultanahmet historical area ??
    i think tepebasi in beyoglu near taksim ,,am I right ?
    where are you guys :(
    Sorry Salma but it's the weekend and busy, busy - lots of family visiting!!

I cannot comment on hotels as I have never stayed in any in Istanbul.

I suggest you email or send an enquiry to the hotels at the top of your list and ask them for the information you need regarding facilities, proximity to the main sights, airport transfers, any room requirements etc.

Lucky searching :o)
    hey clare :)
    I may ask u later about Antalia
    As we may stay 4 nights in Istanbul and 2 nights in Antalia

Have a Nice week end :¬)
    Istanbul is lovely place for a honeymoon. The weather is hard to be predicted in advance but it is possible to be warm around 10-15 degrees celsius. It doesn't matter because Istanbul is very beautiful place and you will have to visit numerous attractions. A good idea is to stay in Sultanahmet because all main attractions will be in close distance from you. You have to visit the Blue Mosque, St. Sophia, Grand Bazaar and Topcapi Palace. A visit to Dulmabahce and Bosphorus cruise are also don't miss. If this is your first visit to Istanbul I can recommend you to use private transportation from the airport to your hotel. My friends used the services of http://istanbulvipairportmeetandgreetservice.com/ and they were satisfied. You can also ask for a tour guide if you want. Wish you happy honeymoon.
    hey all :) finally I ve booked Istanbul from the 6th of November to the 11 th :)
    i wish that we enjoy it
    all we are worry about is the transportation ..we will stay in Best westren eresin hotel at Taxim !!
    so I would like to ask how could we move from taxim to Sultanahmet for example or to have a bosphorus tour !!

another thing i was worry about the language as we dunt speak Turkish !!

can anyone answer me please !!
    Turkey is a land of myth, a cradle of civilizations, a canvas of nature's most aesthetic bounties & a confluence of varied streams of culture. Owing to its favourable position, Turkey is the bridging nation between the East & West (Europe & Asia) & therefore boasts a spicy blend of oriental & modern, splendor & sleekness, which makes diversity its other name. In Turkey every visitor can find something for themselves. The world class cuisine, vibrant cities, warm hospitality, recreational facilities, historical attractions, cultural heritage, over 8000 km's coastline & an unparallel natural beauty make Turkey an irresistible holiday destination for independent or group travelers.
    Congratulations.You are on honeymoon and have 5 days right? My advice is spend the time in or around ?stanbul to avoid the fuss of travelling. ? think you should stay in Sultanahmet for 2 or 3 days and see the historical stuff as others mentioned ie Topkap?, Hag?a Sophia, Bazaar.. and pop in to Taksim.

But also you should go to the Princes ?slands and stay overnight. They are a group of islands in the Marmara Sea with no cars and only horse and carts. You can take the ferry from Eminonu several times a day, and it is a pleasant journey. The ferry stops at the 4 public islands and they are all nice; Buyukada is the biggest and has plenty of hotels and places to eat, Heybeliada is the greenest and a smaller island Burgazada has a nice teachers house to stay overlooking the sea. The teachers house was clean and warm but some hotels are rustic so check them out first online. We went in January and it was perfect off-season.

?t is raining in ?stanbul now but last November was sunny so lets hope the sun comes out for you.
  • Hello every one,

Me and my wife are supposed to go to Istanbul for the honeymoon in September.But we are not sure if any aqua parks are open or we would find any nice resort or the weather condition is well enough to head to the beach in the morning for some swimming and stuffs.I have already checked the temperature but your help would be greatly appreciated if you can inform me about your experience at that time.
    Thanks for your time and consideration.
  • The weather in Istanbul in September should be very pleasant around 25C in the daytime and 12C at night a lovely time to see this glorious city.

Istanbul is not a beach city the nearest beaches are an hour and a half away on the Black Sea or on the Princes Islands (Prens Adalari) located in the Sea of Marmara ,which are well worth a visit.

The Aquaparks are usually open from May to October

People usually visit Istanbul for its culture and history not as a beach/water park holiday.

I suggest you maybe change to Antalya , which has an Aquapark, miles of beaches and the weather will be around 30C.
    Antalya is a lovely city and maybe better suited to you.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler