Getting a Cuba tourist card

Comments

• edited 10:36AM
    Alan, see my reply on the "best currency to take thread."

Have fun!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Whoops, sorry Alan! Ignore my post above! I mixed up threads!

Regarding Tourist Cards, here's the scoop: Absolutely NO problems acquiring a Cuban Tourist Card from ANY departure point in Canada, Mexico, Central/South America or the Caribbean. Everyone else on your flight to Cuba from Grand Cayman Airport will be doing the same thing, you can't board the aircraft without it.

Do NOT listen to the Cuban Embassy in Sydney. They'll swear you must get the TC from them before you leave Oz. Ignore them, it's a rip-off scam...

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry
    Really helpful comments from you
    Alan
    Hi terry,

I'm a French citizen living in US under a non-immigrant J-1 Visa.
    I plan to go to Cuba for christmas from The Bahamas or Mexico.

I'm lost but as far as I understand, I just have to purchase a Tourist card in the airport right before taking off to la havana ? That's it !?
    Yes, that's correct. All you require to enter Cuba is your Passport and a Cuban Tourist Card.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Remember though Romino, that it is completely illegal for you to visit Cuba as a tourist. It's basically a non-issue for American citizens these days, but since you are living in the US as a foreign national your situation is slightly more complicated because you have ZERO rights in the US.

Travel smart...

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry,

Does this also apply for South African Citizen's ? will I be able to get a Tourist card at the Grand Cayman Airpot?

is there enough Time with a 1.5hr stopover?
    Your nationality is immaterial. Everyone on your flight with be purchasing a Tourist Card before boarding the aircraft.

Cheers,
    Terry
    i will be flying to Cuba vis Panama in March. Is it possible to get a tourist card when i chak in for the COPA flight to Cuba ? Thanks

Tony
    Dear Tony,

Unlike departing from the UK or Europe the Cuban Tourist Card is a simple issue when departing from North/Central/South America.

You will always either be given the Tourist Card as part of your ticket or be afforded the opportunity to purchase the Tourist Card right at the airport when you're departing from Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Venezuela and PANAMA,

Everyone on your flight in Panama will be purchasing the TC right at check-in. No one can board the aircraft with it.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry

Regards

Tony
    Have fun Tony.

(And of course I meant to say, "No one can board the aircraft withOUT it."

Cheers,
    Terry
    I'm an Australian travelling to the US under the visa waiver program. Then intend to visit Cuba via Mexico or Bahamas. I need to return to the US before returning to Australia. Will I have an issue returning to the US after Cuba ?
    No.

The US CBP doesn't care about Cuban travel for non US citizens residing outside the US.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Many thanks, Terry.
    Merry Christmas!
    I have a UK passport but live in Ireland, can you tell me the best way to get the Tourist Card/Visa please
    It depends entirely on how you're travelling to Cuba. Are you flying on an all-inclusive package or independently?

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry, haven't decided yet, trying to see if I can do the bookings myself as travel agents seem rather expensive! Do you know anything about car hire there?
    1.) The reason I asked is because with most package tours the Tourist Card is included, but if you're flying independently you have to arrange the TC on your own and you are NOT allowed to board the aircraft without it. ( Thomas Cook, MyTravel, First Choice/Thomson holidays & Cuba Holidays Direct supply usually supply it, Cubana or Virgin Atlantic may not.) If you can easily get to an Embassy/Consulate then here's a service that works very well:

https://secure.visacuba.com/pages/home.aspx

2.) A rental car is by far my favourite way to discover Cuba, but it IS NOT for everyone though! Here's a few thoughts...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k3817263-Rental_Cars_in_Cuba_My_Favourite_Way_to_Travel-Cuba.html

Cheers,
    Terry
    Typo above... " If you CAN'T easily get to an Embassy/Consulate then here's a service that works very well..."

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry, I was looking at fares and the best I am getting is €1400 for 2 ex Dublin with Air France so I may go down the travel agent route after all. I haven't looked at the hire car links yet but my husband is a very good driver who loves a challenge so it might be our thing! Have you any recommendations for Havana?

Many thanks
    I'm an Australian travelling to the US under the visa waiver program. Then intend to visit Cuba via Mexico or Bahamas. I need to return to the US before returning to Australia. Will I have an issue returning to the US after Cuba ? can any one help me in this ? plx
    1.) migsy, before you get too excited about car hire be sure to read my link above... car hire is NOT for everyone, especially with the Viazul Bus supplying very decent service between all the tourist spots and with local taxi hire so inexpensive.

2.) Kate Lee, your questions was answered several posts above. No, it is not an issue for a non-US citizen/resident to visit the US after being in Cuba.

Cheers,
    Terry
    i'm a israeli traveler ,can i get visa to cuba from montego bay,jamaica with my israeli passport ?
    Hey there. I'm a South African Citizen currently living in Saudi Arabia with a Residence Permit with my British husband. I need a visa for the UK when we go over there, but will I be able to also get a TC in the UK while we are there on holiday so we can go straight from our holiday in the UK to an extended holiday to Cuba? Don't know yet whether we will take an all inclusive package or purchasing our plane tickets online, but should we do it ourselves, would I be able to get a TC in the UK (perhaps at the airport?)
    Hi Terry

Thanks for your link for the Visa and all other info. Can you advise on travel between Cayo Coco and Havana and costs.
    Hi Terry, am processing my visa now. Do you know anything about the flights between Caya Coco and Havana - the guy I am dealing with in Havana says they are not very reliable, delays and cancellation at short notice? The alternative he is quoting is quite pricey so thought this might be a b etter alternative.
    Hi Terry,

Have you had any feedback from anyone successfully managing to purchase a Cuban tourist pass at Heathrow airport? The 'cuba tourist visa online' company have informed my that they don't have enough time to post a tourist card to me in Australia nor are they willing to send it to my London hotel.... any suggestions? Thanking you in anticipation!
    No clue what the situation is at Heathrow, but I would NOT be showing up without the Tourist Card in hand. That's too big of a risk.

1.) How long will you be in London?

2.) Which 'Cuba tourist visa online' company have you been talking to?

3.) Which airline or tour operator are you flying with from Heathrow to Cub?

Cheers,
    Terry

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler