Is Nigeria Safe for English Female Traveller?

2»

Comments

• edited 6:26AM
    where in Nigeria do u want to visit?
    i am planning to visit benin city nigera. i need advice!
    Hi Cece

I plan to fly out on the 28th of April just over 10 weeks away

I will give my tips once back here (safe and well god willing)

Are you Australia and if so please check the Nigerian embassy out before doing anything? The staff are really helpful and polite,

Regards

Angeleyess
    I am in the same boat. My boyfriend is from Benin City and we have a 3 year old son together.
    He wants us to visit Benin for 2weeks in December but I'm a little nervous about it.
    Just from hearing such stories.
    And I don't want to go without absolute full positivity that its the right choice. No trip is worth the fear of something bad happening to your child!
    I speak to my boyfriends family on a regular basis and know them very well. I want my son to meet all his family over in Nigeria and he has never met any of them yet.
    Just hope someone can give me some positive feed back?
  • I am traveling to Nigeria in December this year for 6 weeks with my two children aged 3 and 1 to finally meet my partners family in IMO State. I am from New Zealand and want advice from anyone that has been of recent. 
    Our tickets are booked I so very excited but also a bit worried.... Need my mind set at peace...
  • Nigeria is safe for female.You enjoy the trip of Nigeria because many best top attractive places in Lagos.
  • Nigeria is very very safe for you, we have only security challenge in d northern part of the country.... U are welcome , benin city is safe for you.
  • Before travelling to Nigeria it is worth checking with the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office

ALL of these countries advise their citizens against travel to Nigeria.  
  • hey guys i feel any rigth thinking person should consider a registered
    travel and tours agencies when travelling to a place for the first time i
    recommend www.toogoodtravels.com.ng weither you are visiting or
    relocating to nigeria or other west africa and needs travel advice ,hotel bookings, car rentals or other helps send  mail to
    book a tour or any services  info@toogoodtravels.com.ng good
    luck..
  • Hi.My boyfriend is from Benin City and we will visit Benin city in summer,but I'm a little nervous about it.Can anybody tell me some info based on their own personal experience. Thanks

• Hi there. Luckily Benin City is in southern Nigeria which makes it comparatively a safer bet than the north, which is experiencing drastic problems with Boko Haram. You will have heard of the 200 abducted schoolgirls and the villages destroyed by armed men? Serious travel warnings have been issued for Nigeria by the US State Department and other reliable government sources. I suggest you read up on all the safety issues and concerns and carefully consider your travel plans. There are also major problems with crime and I strongly suggest that you don't travel around the country alone. If your boyfriend is a local he will know which areas to avoid and what not to do... 
  • I see my last last post has been deleted.

Boko Haram do not just operate in Northern Nigeria in April 2014 they attacked a bus station in the capital Abuja
    killing 70 people.

This is the British government web sit on Nigeria https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/nigeria

• Hi Alethia,

• Hi there,

Thank you very much for your help. I really don`t know what to do. We have the tickets already, so probably we will go, but I am worried. Were any of you in Benin city?