information needed on marriage in Tunisia

Comments

• edited 2:24AM
    lesley -- Document of Decree Nisi - is this to say that i am divorced by any chance if so i wont need one cause i have never been married before
    thanks
    Sassy - you must have your blood tests here in Tunisia. You and your fiance will go together. The doctor as such does not do the tests, he will give you a letter for the pathology clinic and you go there. Sometimes you can wait for the results and take them back to the doctor who will ok them and sign etc. Easy.

If you have never been married then you haven't been divorced which means you don't need a decree nisi.

You should be better to call the Canadian Embassy if you can. But given that you are marrying a Tunisian he should be doing all the work for you??? If he isn't tell him to get out of the coffee and do the homework.
    hello lesley,
    Im going to apply for touristic visa as i told u before i have everything done,just confused how to pay my visa fee witch is 110 AUD from tunisia.
    please its urgent i waiting for ur reply
    thank u very much
    Hi Midou - well as you can't send money out of Tunisia and there is no Australian Embassy here you will need to have someone pay in Australia for you. Perhaps your girlfriend can pay on your behalf. She needs to go to the office in person and give the details, they will give her a receipt which she should copy and then send you the original which you must attach to your application. She can scan and email the receipt to you as that is also acceptable as is a faxed copy. Just a note of caution, my husband is unable to get a tourist visa to Australia, even though he is married to me, has good assets and can prove he will come back to Tunisia - the reason they gave is that Tunisia is in upheaval now which is a reason that he will overstay his visa. Good luck!!
    hello lesley
    its midou again ...u told me that my gf may pay the visa fee for me,
    could she do that in nearest office from where she live ??
    is there many immigration offices in sydney or just one ??
    thank you
  • edited October 2011
    Hi Midou :
    Here are couple of offices in Sydney :

Tunisia Consulate , Australia

37 Miller Crescent Mount Waverley
    Victoria
    Australia
    Phone:
    +61-3-98070707
    Fax:
    +61-3-98073876

Tunisian Consulate General
    City:Sydney Address: Tunisian Consulate General Suite 211, Edgecliff Centre 203-233 New South Head Road Edgecliff New South Wales 2027 Australia
    Phone:(+61) 2 9327 1258 ; (+61) 2 9327 8060 Fax:(+61) 2 9327 2381 Website:Email:constunsyd@bigpond.comOffice hours:9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.

I hope this helps, Pete.
    Midou - she needs to go to the australian office and not the Tunisian office!! There are main city and regional offices in all states of Australia. I don't have all the addresses but if your g/f looks up the Australian government website they are all listed.
    hi my name is betty and i'am engaged to my tunisian boyfriend for a year now. i live in the united states. columbus georgia to be presice. i won't to live in tunisia and get marry there. but i'm still marry and in a middle of a divorce. but i have not have a clue how long i have to be divorce to remarry. i'm spose to be in sousse tunisia in 2 months. what must i do here to be prepare to go to tunisia and have all my paper work ready so i can get marry ASAP. i also want to know will i need to have any shots to go over to tunisia and what will all i need to get a passport. i'm new to all of this and don't know how to go about any of this. will you please tell me what all i will need and how do you get anything translated in arabic for them to see any of my docoments. am so confuse badly. please help. any information you can give me will be great and thank you.
    HI lesley,I'm an u.s. citizen who lives in the states. My boyfriend lives in Australia,and we want to get married and I will be moving to Australia I need to know since I want to reside in Australia is it best to apply for spouse visa or work skilled visa and do you recommend to get married before I file for visa?So confused? Thanks
    Betty - before marriage to a Tunisian you must be divorced for approximately 4 months. That is your divorce and decree nisi must be older than 4 months. Your fiance should be helping you with all of this...........he should know all the procedures. Do you not have a passport? If not, then that is the first thing to do. Go and organise this first. Then you must contact the Tunisian embassy in the US and find out who they refer for translations. All your dox must be translated and certified. Make a million copies and have them certified as well. You will need your original birth certificate not older than 21 days before the marriage date. Also you will need your original marriage certificate, certificate of divorce and decree nisi, certificate of no impediment (this is from your US home office indicating that you are free to marry). You will have blood tests here in tunisia and your fiance should organise these through a local doctor who will refer to the path lab.

Good luck and if you wish to email me : lesley.khedhiri@hotmail.com
    Jessie - lucky you getting to live in Australia!! I'm not sure which way for you to go. Your fiance can apply for a fiance visa or you can marry and then apply for a spousal visa which allows you to live and work in Australia until you are granted permanent residency. My advice to all ladies is to get your resident male to do the homework!! Also go to the Australian government website which is easy to use and work your way around. This is a terrible admission but I'm not sure of the url, perhaps: www.australia.gov.au

good luck
    salut tt le monde je suis tunisien 25 ans je voudrais marrier avec une portugese 25 ans vivant en angleterre pendant 1 ans et demi,
    je voudrais savoir les document necessaires pour le marriage et ou je vais faire mon demande de visa ??? a l'embassade de l'angleterre ou a celle de potugal ???
    merci de me contacter et me donner de l'aide
    hama - cette forum est anglais donc en anglais: Please tell me where you are going to marry, in Tunis or in England? If here your fiance will need a lot of documents, however you will only need your carte d'identitie and your extrait de naissance. As for your visa, is it for you to go to England or for your fiance to come here? A lot depends on her country of passport
    hi lesley i have gf from england i want marry her please tell me what Tickets required for the marriage ineed thank u
    IS IT COMMON FOR TUNISIAN WOMEN,TO HAVE ILICIT AFFAIRS WITH MARRIED MEN OF DIFFREENT NATIONALITY, DOES THE LAW ALLOW THE MAN TO TAKE A SECOND WIFE , WITHOUT THE PERMISSION FROM THE FIRST WIFE.
    FOREIGN NATIONALS ,AS TOURIST,OR VISITORS CAN MARRY TUNISIAN WOMEN, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE MARRIED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.
    Hi I am Canadian woman. I have been seen this Tunisian man for over a year and plan on marrying him in 2 months. In the beginning we have problem with his ex girlfriend and she message me that he loves her and plans on marrying me then divorce me after he get visa.. I'm not sure what to think he tells me she is just trying to break us and that's all. I am not a wealthy woman I am single mother of two boys and we have a 8 year age difference.. I'm still not 100% sure if I can beleave him that she was lieing. His friends all tell me he truly loves me because I almost break it off.. I also wanted to know how hard is it for Canadian nd Tunisian to marry and for him to come here to my country.
    Please advice how a male Tunisian can divorce an Italian wife. They were married three years ago and moved to Italy. After 5 months, they were no longer together. He would like to finally have a divorce so he can move on with his life. Any advice? Can he apply for this in Tunisia? If he can not go to Tunisia , can some one else be a proxy for him? Please help, this man has had his live on hold for three years!!!
    Omar - where do you want to marry? Here or in England? If you marry in Tunisia then all you need is your Certificate de Naissance and your Carte d'Identitie. she will need many more documents than you. You will both need blood tests and you can arrange them with any doctor.
    Babes - Firstly, a man in Tunisia can only legally have one wife, no they cannot take a second wife. Foreign nationals can marry a Tunisian woman only if they are Muslim and have no other wife. Tunisian women do not have illicit relationships with foreign nationals, however, it can be that this happens as it does in every other country of the world.
    soulful - is this an internet relationship? If so then I advise you to think about this very seriously. Getting visas out of Tunisia is a big business here and many foreign women are taken in by the sweet words, the charm and believe me Tunisian men know exactly how to hit the right buttons, especially when they want a visa.

If you want more information confidentially then please feel free to email me
    Lou - if they were married in Tunisia then the divorce must be in Tunisia. Why can't he come back to Tunisia? Where was the marriage registered? Lots of questions to be answered and just so you know it is very easy to divorce so my question is why he hasn't already or maybe he doesn't want to give up his visa and life in Italy??
    Lesley Can u e mail me at metissask@gmail.com plz nd thank you
    Dear Lesley,
    I really respect you for all your genuine interest in helping other people.
    Please, continue to look out for all those young vulnerable people who write here.... The women who don't know what they're getting into, and also (maybe more importantly) to the young men, who feel so trapped and helpless in their situation but they don't realise that they can hurt people, and also ruin their own lives too.

Please, girls: have all the fun you want, but DON'T get your heart involved. This is experience talking.
    And please, boys: you are amazing. You are all intelligent, creative and motivated. Put these efforts into your studies, or into a business, and then you will win your freedom without damaging the hearts of human beings. WORK WORK WORK! I promise you, if you keep a good niya, you will be happy.
    Guestt - thank you for your kind words. I just see so many foreign women blinded by the charm and seductive qualities of Tunisian men and Tunisia. And you are right, the young men here do feel trapped and many after getting out of the country by any means possible realise that they are not cut out for life in a western country. The life here is so very, very different.

Thank you for comments and you are so, so right!! Maybe I'll open a thread just for this
    lesly help please i wnan marry woman from lativia i just wnna ask what she have to come with from there so we be ready ty so much :)
    I am a single mother of twins living in the USA and have a boyfriend Kasserine, Tunisia and we have known each other for about 2 1/2 years. We met online and after sometime became best friends and chat on skype any chance we can. We have decided we want to be together and marry, but we don't know what we need to do to make this all happen. I do understand to be careful, but i understand he does love me truly. He knows me more than my family does and he has always been there for me through everything in the time we know each other. He actually asked me to move there with him and marry there, but cause of my kids I prefer here in the US. Can you help us in any way?
    Hi HisPrincess - Have you ever been to Tunisia - have you ever met this man you say you love?? Why do you prefer to stay in the US with your children? We have very good education here, family support is incredible etc etc. Ah, probably because he want to move to the US huh?? You need to think long and hard about marrying someone you have never met, especially a young man from Kasserine, Tunisia. I live near Kasserine and I understand the mindset there. My words of advice = please go visit before you declare undying love...........would you marry a man in the US that you had never met before?
    I am a single female from Australia. I met a tunisia man a long time ago..We have had a great friendship where we talk daily. I am very careful but we have fallen in love and he has just applied to try and get a Tourist Visa to come to Australia for a holiday with me,,Unfortuanetly his contract for work ceased 4 weeks ago and he lives with his family and has no assets..Will this be a problem with his Tourist Visa. It sounds like if we ever wanted to get married it would be quite difficult...Is it best to get married in Australia or Tunisia? what is the best way to go with Visas about him living in Australia if we decied to go that way? Please help
    Sasha - he will not get a tourist visa! Sorry but that's the harsh reality. You will need to get married in Tunisia and then you can apply for a spouse visa and he may get that. Sorry but can I ask why you don't come to live here in Tunisia?
    selam i need help i want to get meried with women from tunis,i m from bosnia and herzegovina we have not ambassady for tunis,i m muslim,wasn't meried yet do some one know what papers i need for weding exactly,we have talk about what i need of papers but when i was calling ambassady for visa and ask them again they tolld me that i dont need some papers what she told me that i need selam

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler