Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com

Advice needed on Turunc (Turkey)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Hi Tina
    May be an idea to start a new thread in the Turkey forum as this thread was originally started in 2010. You'd possibly get more replies. Sorry I can't help as have never stayed at these apartments :o)
    However here is their website and there is a contact us page http://www.gozdemapart.com/1/en/index.html
  • edited 10:29PM
    Are bathroom towells provided in the My Meric Hotel?
    Turunc is spectacular, I'd recommend it to anyone. However one very strong warning : if you Are thinking of staying at the Meril Hotel be very sure to check every single purchase made in the hotel as every couple staying there at the same time as us suffered multiple ' mistakes' in the financial transactions. You have been warned!
  • edited May 2012
    I'd say check everything at any hotel!! The other option is to insist on paying as you go. There are several reasons for this:
    Misunderstanding of room number
    Other less honest people giving other numbers
    Genuine human error
    and staff trying to make a little (or a lot) extra.

As a rule be very wary of 'put it on my room' - I've been caught a few times and managed to argue my way out. Mainly as I managed to drag in the person I had actually paid at the time.
    Is travellers insurance mandatory to get a visa on arrival?
    yes. A visa is very useful in any places. Just to avoid any questions regarding to your travels.
    Leevai,

Its "Travellers Insurance" I was more interested in, rather than the visa.
    For eg, if I apply for a schengen visa, i have to have evidence of travellers insurance which is an additional expense of £30.
    Is it necessary for a visa on arrival?
    Whether needed for a visa or not you need travel insurance when travelling. There are many internet comnpanies offering good but reasonable insurance - check out insure and go.

For example you may fall ill or have an accident. No-one can predict what will happen. part from hospital and medical costs there may also be the tremendous cost of getting yo back home by air ambulance or similar.

Not worth travelling without it.
    I am going to Turunc this September. Judging by the comments it seems a great place. I am looking for information on Scuba Diving in the area. Not beginner try dives, but for more experienced and also if it is possible to hire kayaks and/or small boats. Hope someone can help

Thanks

Ian
    I am going to Turunc this September. I am looking for information on Scuba Diving in the area. Not beginner try dives, but for more experienced and also if it is possible to hire kayaks and/or small boats.

Ian
    We are going to turunc next year, has anyone hired a car and driven from dalaman airport to turunc, last time we went to Icemeler by coach took two hours.

Thanks

Roy