Nigerian scammers

2»

Comments

• edited 4:14AM
    BEWARE OF MICHEAL PERRY FROM HOUSTON GOD FEARING MAN ALSO QUOTES THE BIBLE AND IS A VERY CONVINCING MAN AND POURS THE CHARM ON REALLY THINK...HE IS TRYING TO SWEEP WOMAN OFF THERE FEET TO GET MONEY OUT OF YOU. HE WORKS ALSO WITH A MARK WELLS. HIS EMAIL IS: MIC20PERRY@YAHOO.COM AND GMAIL.COM PLUS THE PHONE NUMBER HE WAS CALLING ME FROM IS 234-8125720125. THIS GUY TOLD ME HE WAS IN EGYPT FOR A CONTRACT BID FOR CONSTRUCTION AND HE WON A 10 MILLION DOLLAR BID IN EGYPT. AND NEEDED $2000 FOR A LAWYER AND SENT ME A CHECK THROUGH MARK WELLS TO PUT IN MY BANK THEN REMOVE IT THAT NEXT DAY TO SEND IT TO HIM SO WE COULD START OUR LIFE TOGETHER. WELL WHEN THE CHECK CAME UP I STARTED CHECKING HIM OUT. LADIES FIRST THING CHECK OUT THE COUNTRY CODE ON THE NUMBER THEY GIVE YOU OR CALL YOU FROM. SECOND CHECK OUT THE COMPANY IN WHICH THEY SEND YOU A CHECK FROM. THIRD CHECK OUT THE LIES THEY FORGET THEY HAVE TOLD YOU AND TELL YOU ANOTHER ONE. WITH THE HELP OF MY DAUGHTER I FOUND THIS SITE AND FOUND MICHAEL PERRY ON HERE ALREADY READ IT..THAT IS JUST HOW HER TREATED ME EXCEPT FOR ASKING ME FOR MONEY..HE DID THE CHECK THING. I HAD SOMEONE AT MY BANK CHECK OUT HE CHECK BEFORE I ALLOWED IT TO BE DEPOSITED IN MY BANK AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FAKE AND SHE TOLD ME HOW TO CHECK FOR A FAKE CHECK. AND I CHECKED THE COUNTRY CODE ON THE PHONE NUMBER HE USED.

THANK GOD FOR MY DAUGHTER AND TWO FRIEND AND FINALLY LISTENING TO MY OWN INTUITION I DIDN'T GET SCAM :)!! AND PRAY TO GOD YOU READ THIS AND DON'T GET SCAMMED BY THIS HEARTLESS PEOPLE.
    just because they are god fearing people here does not stop them shaking you down for money (they do not consider this a sin)

The officals here in all governement department thank god but are the most crupt Ive every seen and see no sin is asking for flash money
    Well thank God I wasn't scam out of any money...I met Wayne A Hutchison...Wayne19600@yahoo.com on a Tagged.com..he sent me a message telling me how beautiful I was...He sent me a 3 page letter telling me he's an only child he born in Kenya. His father was adopted and his mother was from an orphanage, his wife died in automobile accident ironically the same year he supposedly had graduated from college. His profile on Tagged is a well dress good looking man Wayne A..from Portland Oregon age 48 birthday sept 9th..well he was too good to be true and I started second guessing alot of what he was saying. He's a independent civil engineer that travels all over the world..god fearing man looking for a god fearing woman. He told me god revealed to him I was his soul mate in less than 4 days. After searching for him on google NOTHING...then I went one step further FBI and that's when I found out he's a scam artist...There is a unsuspecting nice looking guy out there pictures being used for EVIL..I am glad I found him out before any money was exchanged. I played along with his stories and text him as if I was ready to love again and I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life..all the while during my research...The red flags was with the 1st letter...not too mentioned magic jack phone/a text only phone...Thank God my uncle who's a pastor pointed out alot of wrong in his letter speaking the word of GOD....I cancelled him within 4 days...he was just simply too good to be true..Ladies any man that's too good to be true probably is...I have a total of 14 pictures of a very attractive man..
    I have been getting money requests from someone named Mark Andrea, his information is:
    e-mail: markandrea121@yahoo.com
    City: Ikeja
    State: Lagos
    Local Texas # 238-338-1712
    Nigerian # 2348136532378

This is obviously a Scam. Beware of this man, he is only after your money.
  • I have a feeling that my elderly mom is being scammed by a nigerian. He claims to be from the U.S. and is there to buy antiques for his business..The guys business partner and friends wire my mom large sums of money to send to him through western union (why cant they send it themselves?) I was told they many timers were going to meet but there was always an excuse..Car accident on way to airport..Couldnt buy a plane ticket..ect.My mom is still in contact with the guy through texts and cell phone (She has sent 2 of her old cell phones to him in nigeria..claimed tnhe first one was stolen at customs). They tell each otherr I love you (This guy claims to be 37..my mom is 63..hence the reason why she wont listen to anyone and stop the relationship.She's about ready to snd another big sum of money through money gram to him (its being wired tio her from a friend of his) supposedly 5400.00 I was told...Just wishing that me and her family can convince her to end this before shes acuised of something..(I have a feeling she's being used by this guy as a Middle-man..either between this guy shes sending the money to and his friends who collect it or between this guy and other people he is scamming. Sorry for the long sentences..just frustrated...
  • This sounds seriously dodgy. Has she spoken to him via skype? Is there any proof he is who he says he is? I think he's a scammer, but I understand it's difficult to convince a person who truly believes they're in love.
  • So my boyfriends mom has sent over $100,000 to 3 different guys. One of then was claiming to be from Malaysia, another from England, and the last from Sweden but asking money to be sent to Nigeria. The names were Larry Gabriel, Robert Wilson, and Mille Svennson. Last summer she sent Larry Gabriel $75,000 which is her whole income then she started begging for money from her mother saying she couldn't pay for rent and food. She couldn't see her daughter in pain and gave it to her. Nobody knew she was giving him money. She then had the nerve to ask my parents for money. That is when we started wondering what was happening. One day she left her Facebook open and we saw everything. She sent Robert over $40,000 and Larry $75,000. Her mother was having hip replacement and she came to the hospital once to beg for money. When she said no she never came back. My boyfriend lived at my house for the whole summer he couldn't even look at her. We didn"t talk to her for half a year. Then she started trying to talk to her mother again, kissing her ass and sucking up to her. Since she was her only child she wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and started talking to her again. She again started asking for money for rent and food. She was very stupid but gave it to her because she didn't think it could happen again. Recently her mother found a hacker and has been following her messages where it says she has sent him all her money. My boyfriend doesn't talk to her at all because he cant look his mother in the face since last year she stole $5,000 from him. We know everything she says to him. At this point she has nothing and still sends him all she has. She was supposed to fly to Sweden and charged it on her mothers credit card but then he told her not to come (shocker) she was originally sending him money for his sick mother who was dying. She says she was crying every night for his mother. Yet when her own mother was in the hospital she did not visit her once. She has been putting Nigerian taxes into her bank account and they have been stealing her money through these accounts. He also has some contract that he has to put 70,000 into her account, and the best part is he asked her yo sign a contract saying she was his wife. So now they have her signature to use as they please. She will end up in prison or in bankruptcy. She is a terribly crazy woman who is lonely. I don't know what to do. Her mom has stopped talking to her and giving her money but my heart breaks every time she says its her fault. Her daughters crazy because she is lonely and thinks money will get her love. She has spent so much of her own mothers money. She lost her whole family. I try to help as much as I can since her mother cant drive, I drive her food shopping so she doesn't have to call her daughter, knowing if she does then shell just beg for money. I don't know what to do. She has gone crazy. Literally crazy.
  • i was also the victim of a scammer. we met 2 years ago on fb. at first i rejected his advances and flirting. but since i was haveing problems with my husband i began to fall for him. his "name" is thomas curtis arthur. i sent a lot of money to him. the last time we talked he said he was in a london jail. maybe maybe not because he was wanting more money. i did not send it and he has not contacted me in an almost a year now.

• @ Anya i really think you're being one sided here. let the story roll. let them both share. don't delete one and leave the other! it takes the fun away. i read that ealier post and there was no inappropriate language. oh'com on
    if there was any inappropriate language i think you should point it out in your response. courtesy demands that right?
    so far...
    @katarina who is also fara is either a scammer or a victim
    @ Aardaark is her bestie and also the one using her to make money
    a mister harry is also a scammer and also a victim.
    how am i doing so far? gonna follow this story to the end lmao
  • The post was deleted because it violated our terms. He is welcome to repost if he refrains from using inappropriate language.
  • Has anyone heard of Daniel Balsamo? I think he's a scammer also!
  • I would like to know if any of you know any of these names are scammers. Please!
    Ross Hewson
    Paul brown
    Jerry wilson
    Daniel balsamo
    Clint hernandez
    Casper rasmus
    Alex william max
    Brian unmbright
    Michael neet
  • edited August 2014
    does anyone know the name Michael Cole? he claims to live in California but grew up in germany. He claims to make gems and has a son named john. i have been chatting with him for about a week. he has already professed his undying love for me amd that he wants me to look for a house for us here in South Carolina. money is no object, remember we have just been chatting about a week. He has been meeting with some corporate people from france who is interested in his work. Tonight he sent me a text that they have accepted him as a gem creator for thier company, but he has to go to France and finalize the deal. He has promised to come to South Carolina and celebrate with me when he gets back. i know he is a scammer because i have dealt with them several times and they are all the same. I will post a number he have me and an email address on my next posting. i met him on tagged they are all scammers on there that site needs to be shut down!!?
  • The name Michael Cole has cropped up on this site before, read this thread , fourth post down. http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/2959/scams-in-lagos-africa/p1

I simply Googled the name Michael Cole Scammer and loads of links regarding scammers called Michael Cole appeared.

• Hello.  I can relate to all stories. Unfortunately I've been there (I've been scammed too).  And with all due respect, everyone has their own opinions, but being scammed is not because one is stupid. These scammers, women and men, from around the world, but usually from Africa (West Africa) are trained to use psychology to make victims feel sorry for them, to feel love for them, and to feel guilty for judging them and for not helping out with money. They use the name of God for their gains.  They can site passages from the Bible, although some are not christian.  These people are professional at what they do, they are criminals and sometimes even terrorists.  

In my case, at the beginning I didn't pay attention to their spelling mistakes or their way of speaking, but if you look closely at their messages you can tell they are not American (who most claim to be).  Some have perfect English but it's because through years of scamming they  have communicated with so many people, mostly  American, that they have learned our common phrases, ways of writing and lingos.  

In a scam not just one person is involved. There are more than two people, sometimes even 15.  They may hire people with good English to communicate with their victims.  The male scammers' girlfriends too may help and although you may  think you are corresponding with a man, it is actually a woman.   If you pay attention to the time of day they write or text or call it's usually in the middle of the night or dawn.  West Africa is 6 hours ahead of central time here in north America.  If they call you, they usually have a heavy accent. You know they are not American.  They have ranks in their groups. The young ones (teenagers) are the ones that usually do the searching for prospective victims.  They work long hours (12-18 hours, usually in internet cafes or rented apartments used for the operation).  They search all kinds of online dating sites and social network sites. They usually prey on mature women and men, divorced, separated and single parents.  The older ones are no older than 30 years old.  They are usually the bosses. And the ones that arrange for and collect the money.   T

The scammers create their fake profiles using photos of models (although not so much anymore), other famous people (usually from Europe, west africa uses Yahoo Europe and so the news and music and other media stuff they see and hear is usually Euruopean).  They browse through dating sites and steal people's photos. The more photos someone has the better. That way they can post updates using different photos. But if you pay attention someone may send you a message using a newly created profile or an older profile and their photo may be the only one they use for a long period of time, sometimes even for years they have the same photo or couple of photos.  Some times they use photos of their past victims.  The  names they choose are usually short and common, and even use names and last names from their last victims. If they are pretending to be a soldier they they may use photos of a fallen soldier.  If you ask for more photos and if they don't have any more they find and send you one of someone who closely resembles them. This is a good way to find out if they are real. Also if they ask for money, and you are not sure if they are real, ask to speak to them on the phone, you will know if they are American or not.    

They have to say they are contract workers (engineers, soldiers, etc.) because people with those jobs get to travel for their work. They almost always say they are alone (widowed, orphans, or single parents).  They are very polite and nice and use romantic phrases.  They are very persuasive and persistent. They always talk about looking for the perfect someone to spend their life with and tell you are the one and start using I love you or can't stop thinking about you and tell you they can't wait to  hear from  you, and tell  you to take care almost right away. They give the best complements ever.  When they gain their victim's trust and affection they go for the kill.  They come  up with excuses why they need money. If asked for proof such as documents and photos they provide that as best as they can. They make up their own documents that look authentic with names and signatures.  They find photos from the internet related to what they say they're doing. For instance  if working as oil rig engineers they look for photos of workers working on a ship or extracting oil.  

When it comes for the time to send money to them they give the name of a hotel manager or the foreign's company boss's name and that name is usually Nigerian.  And almost always that Nigerian name they give and address if necessary is their own real name and address  

They have access to many cell phones.  If they give you an American number it is from one of a few online websites where service is free for texting and calling.  And in these websites they can choose any North American area code they want, so if they say they live in New York, they get an area code from New York and if the victim checks their call display  it appears as authentic.  

Their crime is organized, they even have connections in other parts of the world, such as the U.S.  They target Americans or North Americans the most because they think we have lots of money and that we are kind hearted and will do anything for love. They feel no remorse for the people they scam.  The money they steal they use for indulging in luxuries such as purchasing vehicles, and equipment to continue with their lucrative business (laptops, cell phones, memory cards).  

If you tell them you think they might be scammers they deny it and make you feel horrible for thinking that. But please people, don't feel embarrassed.  This is cyber crime.  Don't feel sorry for these people. Yes, they are usually educated people with no jobs or they may want the money to finance their own honest business to start up an honest business but that doesn't make what they do okay.  They do not have resort to lying and stealing.  

If your gut or instinct tells you so, please follow it. I made the mistake to not listen to my instincts and when I did, it was too late.  I tried all kinds of reasoning with my scammer. Even after I found out who he really was. He said he changed his ways and had fallen in love with me during the act. But my trust was broken and even though people can and with God's help they do change this I know for sure, ONCE A SCAMMER, ALWAYS A SCAMMER.
  • "... And with all due respect, everyone has their own opinions, but being scammed is not because one is stupid..."

With all due respect I couldn't read any further.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Please beware of a scammer calling himself Carl Dessler. Pretty much the same story as some other folks that have posted here. He contacted me on OKCupid, we started chatting and whoever is running this scam, they have a good talking game. He was just so nice and romantic and started messaging me almost everyday.
    Everything he said about himself seemed like good qualities. Said he was an engineer, went to the University of Michigan, born in Argentina but moved to the States as a teen, his mom died from cancer, it was just him and his daughter. He said he was finishing up a job in Maryland and would be back in a couple of weeks so we could meet in person. We talked on the phone a few times and he even sent flowers.

And then, lo and behold, a huge opportunity in Nigeria popped up and he had to take it. Yes, yes, I know, red flags everywhere, but I had to see where this would go. He said he would be done in 2 months...and then a month in, he said he had to stop working because of an issue at work. A few days later, told me he needed a license to keep working and needed money for it. This was over 2 months later that he finally asked for money. He said he asked everyone else he knew, nobody else could help him, and he hated to ask me but he had nobody left to ask. I said I didn't have it. He said okay. He asked again about a week later, and I said I didn't have it. His requests were getting a little more frequent and forceful, even though each time he said, it's okay if you can't.

I guess he finally got tired of trying to scam me and said, if you don't want to help me, just tell me! My friends and I had already confirmed that he was a scammer a few weeks ago, we just wanted to see how far he would go. So I told him I knew he was a scammer, he could get lost (not so nicely though), and boy, did he respond. He wasn't so romantic anymore!

I also ended up finding another lady that he met through Plenty of Fish. SAME STORY TOO. He used the same name, email and number with her. He used the email carldessler@yahoo.com (which is already on a Facebook known scammer list), phone number 518-662-0061 (it's a Google number), and the MoneyGram name and address he said I could send him money to was Michael Adeniyi in Lagos, Nigeria. I've seen a Carl Dessler profile on Badoo.com (which appears to be active) and another site, something like datehookup.com, that I don't see his profile for anymore. He recently closed his account on OKCupid, I'm assuming it will be back up soon enough on another dating site.

Please don't respond to this post just to tell me how dumb I am. I feel dumb enough as is. I posted this on here because I hope it'll help someone else not get scammed by these jerks. Thanks for letting me vent on here. Be careful everyone.
  • "... Please don't respond to this post just to tell me how dumb I am..."

As far as I can see you used common sense and the brains that God gave you to approach the situation rationally. You didn't start sending money to someone who only exists in your computer and you didn't act like an idiot simply because a complete stranger sent you flowers and said a few nice romantic things to you.

You acted like a reasonable grown-up, not a naive, desperate nutbar.

Kudos to you and good luck in the future!

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Redflags you are not foolish. You saw through this scam which many people are unable to do and dealt with it. I hope you find your Mr Right good luck.
  • Thanks CheersT and Alethia. The most frustrating and cuckoo part is that I miss the person he portrayed to be. I'm very very lucky that I had people around me going, are you sure? That's fishy! Be careful... It'll pass though, I'm sure of it. Good luck to everyone on here!
  • WOW.... Pathetic stories! Now listen up ladies. I am from Nigeria. I repeat a NIGERIAN!!! How dumb can anyone be??? Huh.. I'm a woman, a graduate, earn a living, traveled all over... Meaning I'm not hungry but hey.. Listen y'all, once u meet a man be it online or on ur street, don't put up as someone would give a penny to a beggar. Alan that askes a woman for money is no man I repeat no man. When he complains of money or tells u what he's going through, also give him stories of how hard it is to earn one dollar and the stress you thru in your everyday life. Please I beg of you women, a good and real man who loves proclaim loves you will never belittle himself in any form to ask for money. If he loves u tell him to buy his ticket and come meet you to prove his love. Tell him you need money not him . Please please... And not all men on site are fake there are still descent men out there. And for all those jobless people spoiling our countries name, ur day of reckoning is fast approaching. Good luck all and may you find true love someday. Bye. Angel

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler