Marriage - Tunisia / Lithuania

edited August 2012 in - Tunisia
Goodmorning,
Bonjour,

i'm a Tunisian man, i have a Lithuanian girlfriend, we plan to marry next summer, but we have no idea about papers needed, and steps to do, to accomplish this dream, we want to marry in Tunisia and live in Tunisia, so any idea please?

you can reply in english, french, arabic

Thank You

Comments

• edited 7:55AM
    Bonjout Houssem et mabrouk

I will answer you in English for the benefit of all to this site: Firstly your girlfriend must have an original birth certificate no older than 21 days before you marry. She must also have a certificate of no impediment and her passport: If she has been married before then she will also need her original marriage certificate; her divorce documents: she must have all these translated into Arabic and certified but you can do this in Tunisia cheaply: for you your Certificate de naissance also certified and a certified copy of your tuk tarif plus passport if you have one. You will both need blood tests and these can also be done in Tunisie:
    You can organise to have the contract at your municipality and then have a party or you can have the notaire come to your home. Really it is quite easy to do:
    Hi, Thank You For Your Answer,
    Does My GirlFriend Need To Give Papers To Her Government Of Exterior And Then Send To Tunisian Embassady In Poland?
    Or She Just Need To Bring Papers Here And We Can Make Everthing in Tunisia?

Thank You Again
    Houssem - your girlfriend should bring the documents with her to Tunis. You can have the translations and certifications done here. She should get the original of her birth certificate in her home country but it should not be more than 21 days older from the time of the contract of marriage.

Good luck
  • edited October 2012
    Hi. I'm that lucky girl marrying Houssem0909 :D I want to ask about some visa details. In Lithuania we dont have Tunisian embassy and there is some special requirements for lithuanian citizens entering Tunisia. Which type of visa i have to obtain and where, that i could marry? Its so big lack of information about this in our country and i would be so thankful if girls that had same problems from Lithuania could share theyr experience on this topic. Thank you:)
    Hi ,Ihave been maried over 8 years with a lithuanian and if you wanted more specifique details i`ll be mor then happy to help,as we have a very good experience on this send your email adress to my phone it is a UK line as we live here now after 7 years in TUNISIA my number is +44(0)7546848586.
    Hi, my @ : webmaster0909@gmail.com , plz contact me, we really need informations to make everything correct and in time, thank you
  • hey guys :) my lithuanian girl is in Tunis now in my place , can I have ur skype or smthg to contact uplease ? @Houssem0909 she will leave on monday so please I wanna talk to u before monday ;)
    thank u :smile:
  • You can communicate via email - what are your questions please
  • Hi All,
    I read that I must be in Tunisia for 21 clear days before I can marry to the person I love. We are not intimately involved and this poses a problem. We want to rent an apartment as it is cheaper but as we wont be together in the night, it may be dangerous for me.
    I was not born in UK but I am now a citizen and a birth certificate from my country of origin will take three months or more to arrive and I want to book soon to Tunisia. I am a widow(husband passed away since 2008) so I need a death cert, too, I suppose.
    Can I apply for a cert of impediment in UK? I have my passport and cert. of naturalization. Is this any value instead of birth cert.?
    We want to marry before being 'together' so can we marry as soon as I arrive? This is third visit. We are not in rush for him to come to UK as he has his house and we will visit other countries before he comes over. We are realistic with the law about £18600 and know we cant get this sorted right away. Its a crime when poor people fall in love :(
  • Cheri, there is NO waiting time to marry in Tunisia, whoever told you there is a 21 day waiting period is incorrect.

The certificate of naturalisation is not acceptable, the birth certificate is required as it shows your parents names and your date and place of birth.
    I have never heard of a birth certificate taking 3 months to issue, what country where you born in?

You can apply for the CONI in the UK as you are British

You definitely need your late husbands death certificate.

If you are afraid of staying in an apartment stay in a hotel. I have stayed alone in an apartment and hotels in Tunisia and so have thousands of other women. what area will you be staying in when you go to Tunisia ?
  • Hi Alethia,

Thank you once again. I am from Guyana and my experience was tedious with documents when I needed them a few years ago.

I will be staying close to my future husband's family in Tunis.I am grateful that we dont have to wait because I have to work. Thank you for this.
  • Cheri - you are probably confused with the marriage certificate having to be issued 21 days before marriage contract. Tunis is a safe city and you should not worry especially since you will be close to the family. If he has a sister then they may have the sister stay with you so you do not feel too alone. An apartment will be cheaper than a hotel and I am sure that the family can organise one in a security building.
  • good evening
    i'm phD student from Tunisia ..i'll to go to lithuania for an internship . which embassy i have to contact in Tunisia to get my visa ?
  • khawla - I have replied to your msg but you need to apply at the Lithuania Embassy. the closest is France

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler