Is Morocco safe for travelers?

• edited 3:17AM
    Oh.....and if the Foreign Office advise against travel to a place - are you covered on travel insurance? Have only paid for flights so far.......
    If there is severe political unrest or the threat to human life then do not go.
    At present there is no such danger and travel to Morocco is perfectly safe.
    I too have read the FCO website info (UK) on Morocco and find it slightly amusing. I does actualy look as though the FCO have not updated their info in a number of years.
    For travel insurance purposes, Morocco is classed as a Mediterranean country.
    Many people go hot air ballooning without incident. Where you read a phrase such as "local", interpret this as being strictly laid on for tourists.
    The hassle mentioned is part and parcel which you cannot avoid. You will be under a lot of pressure if you succumb to the charms of the trader. If you step into their shop then you are sunk with high pressure selling, this is especially so in carpet/rug shops and helbalists which should be avoided at all costs if taken in by a guide.
    Guide arrange with shop keepers to inflate prices immensely o that you pay far too much with the guide getting an extra income in comission.
    Shop in souks for rugs/carpets and always offer one third or less of the asking price for beginners and then go to whatever you "feel" is the right price for you.
    ps - some rugs are sold as silk but occasionally this is obtained from cactus plants so not the real thing.
    Thank you!!!!!
  • Morocco is safe country. I live in Marrakech and moved here with my 9 months old baby girl. The city is safe and there are no any trouble at all. We absolutely love living here. Please note that over 20 000 foreigners live in Marrakech and lately I have seen many Spanish citiziens working in Morocco as they can not find jobs in Spain. Morocco is safe and great place to visit so plan your Morocco travel now
  • edited September 2013
    Yes morroco is more then safe country for tourists , you can hire professional to make your trip more fun.
  • My son wants to visit Marrakech in June of his 18th with me . How safe is it there. We are thinking of 3 nights in a Riad in Marrakech then 4 nights in a Essaouiras Riad. I'm a bit uneasy about it all but don't want to disappoint him
  • Marocco was an experience.
    Me and my boyfriend returned yesterday and I tell you that we won't go there again...
    The country is beautiful, we stayed in essaouira, lovely city, beautiful beach, lots of history. But the people are just awful. I had a really hard time as a blond central European. And I could coverup, wore no make up, boyfriend next to me.. nothing
    helped. Plus I never seen such an unfriendly country ever! Constantly wanting money for everything, even on the toilet on the airport the cleaning ladies who don't even do anything just chat want money from you, it's so frustrating. Also when we refused to buy 'space cakes' on the beach we were called all the horrible names and he ask why we come there if we don't want to help poor people. We were saving for that holiday for months but sadly we were so
    glad when we finally left.
    So yeah, if you can AVOID!
  • edited January 5
    Its a lovely nation { i am going there this mid year AGAIN i simply can hardly wait to go} if u need to go out constantly run with your companions. a large portion of the things individuals said is genuine . the garments and shoes are extremely lovely and some are modest . The FOOD is good. So go and have a great time , appreciate your time !!