Getting a Cuba tourist card

Comments

• edited 2:47PM
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for your response:

1. I'm only in London overnight - no time to go to the embasssy directly unfortunately...

2. cubaism website told me that they won't post to a hotel and visacuba.co.uk require that I have booked at least 3 days accomodation with them to be able to purchase the tourist card through them

3. I'm flying with Iberia from Heathrow to Havan (via Madrid)

I've seen a post that Virgin Holidays at Gatwick airport sell them and am seriously hoping that at least one operator at Heathrow will do the same.... any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Mish
    Wow, I'm really disappointed with the response you received from https://secure.visacuba.com/pages/home.aspx They are an excellent organization but that 3 nights minimum hotel purchase is crap, there's no way they should be treating you differently than they handle UKers.

Do you have a stopover in Madrid? If so, try to buy the TC there. When you land in Heathrow try again. I'm sure you can get it somewhere at Heathrow but it would be so much better to have it in your hand before the departure day, in other words, have it when you go to sleep in London.

Hit the Virgin, Thomas Cook and Thomson Tour Agents at Heathrow, they're supplying TCs to all their package tour clients, surely you can score from one of them.

Lastly, try posting here: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.html

I don't know what else to say... Good luck...

Cheers,
    Terry
    hello my friends...
    Mish,

I have posted the question for you over on Trip Advisor. Check it out here:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k5347944-Tourist_Card_at_Heathrow_Possible-Cuba.

Hope you get a good answer...

Cheers,
    Terry
    Mish, the answers at the above link aren't looking very good thus far for Tourist Card purchase at Heathrow.

1.) Are you still in Australia? Can you get one from the Cuban Embassy in Sidney?

2.) Where will you be in Europe? Can you get one from a Cuban Embassy there?

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry,

Thank you for all your help!

I'm only in transit in Madrid for a few hours.... looks like I'll have to get on the phone to the booking agents at Heathrow on Monday and hopefully find one who is willing to help me. Failing that I'll try visa.cuba again on Monday and pick it up from a friend's house in London as soon as I arrive. THank you again!h
    Cheers,

Michelle
    Have fun, and good luck.

If you need help in Havana, talk to this guy:

http://www.cuba-junky.com/havana/pototo.htm

Cheers,
    Terry
    I am an Australian traveling to Cuba in Sept departing from Toronto,Canada with Air Canada. Will I be able to purchase tourist card at airport still rather than applying thru consulate in Australia?
    Cecelia, your question has been answered many time throughout this thread.

The Tourist Card is a complete non-brainer when departing from Canada. It MUST be supplied to you by your Airline, Tour Operator, Travel Agent, etc. With Air Canada they hand it out to you on the aircraft. The TC is included with the price of your ticket.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    hi im a dominican passport holder and im travelling to cuba in october. we bought all incl holidays in uk but travel agent told me i need an extra visa not only the turist card. is that right?
    hi im a dominican passport holder and im travelling to cuba in october. we bought all incl holidays in uk but travel agent told me i need an extra visa not only the turist card. is that right?

THANKS
    Your Travel Agent is an idiot.

All you need to enter Cuba is your Passport and the Cuban Tourist Card. Period.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry,
    I am an Australian passport holder and travelling to Cuba with my Canadian girlfriend. We are booking an all inclusive resort holiday including airfare and accomodation, and flying Air Canada. I assume we will be receiving the Cuban Passport Card on flight? Also, do you know if my nationality affects my eligibility for an all inclusive holiday from Toronto?
    For info, Copa Airlines sell tourist cards at check in or the departure gate in Guatamala Airport and and Panama (Tocumen) Airport for $15, and probably in other airports too.
    Visit wordtravels.com for destination advice
    Hey terry ,

I am in the US and would like to take a direct flight from Miami to Cuba . I have an Egyptian passport . Can it be done ?
    1.) "... I am an Australian passport holder and travelling to Cuba with my Canadian girlfriend. We are booking an all inclusive resort holiday including airfare and accommodation, and flying Air Canada. I assume we will be receiving the Cuban Passport Card on flight? Also, do you know if my nationality affects my eligibility for an all inclusive holiday from Toronto?..."

Yes, your Tourist Card will be included in your holiday package. No worries.

No, your nationality is utterly immaterial. You'll be treated the very same as everyone else.

2.) "... I am in the US and would like to take a direct flight from Miami to Cuba . I have an Egyptian passport . Can it be done?..."

No.

All flights between the US and Cuba are open only to US citizens with an OFAC licence to travel to Cuba.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Dear Terry,
    I saw somebody already asked you about the possibility of getting a tourist card at CDG in order to fly to Havana with Air France. This person thought it was possible. Do you know if this is an option? I´m planning to fly next Wednesday from Paris and don´t have a visa yet. Many thanks.
    No clue, but Air France will NOT allow you to board without a Tourist Card so be sure to get this sorted...

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry. I'll make sure I get it before flying to Paris,
    Hi Terry,

I am a British citizen and my wife is a PR of Canada who holds Iranian Nationality and Passport. We are flying from Toronto to Cuba, do we need to obtain the TC from Cuban embassy? I have bought our tickets and hotel separately and online, no agency.

Thanks,
    As mentioned above the Tourist Card is a complete non-brainer when departing from Canada. It MUST be supplied to you by your Airline, Tour Operator, Travel Agent, etc. so it's a complete non-issue, no need to deal with the Embassy.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Many Thanks Terry
    You're welcome and have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry, we are planing to flight to Cuba via Nassau from Miami(spend 2 or 3 days in Nassau) anf fly out from Havana to Mexico City. Getting the visa in the UK is very expensive. Can I buy the ticket in Nassau airport or the cuban embassy in Nassau town center? how long does it take? how much is it? we will be flying with Bahamassair but I can not see any information on their website regarding the visa. Thanks a lot for your help.
    Dear petitefrog,

As mentioned repeatedly throughout this thread unlike departing from the UK or Europe the Cuban Tourist Card is a simple issue when departing from North/Central/South America and the Caribbean.

You will always either be given the Tourist Card as part of your ticket or be afforded the opportunity to purchase the Tourist Card right at the airport when you're departing from in Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Grand Cayman, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Panama, etc.

Everyone on your flight in Nassau will be purchasing the TC right at check-in. No one can board the aircraft with it.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Hi Terry, I am a USA citizen but currently living in Netherlands for 3 years, I want to visit Cuba taking flights directly from Amsterdam and then from Havana travel back to USA for a short stay of 7 days with my parents. I read a lot of things about visa, however still no clue what exactly meant for "illegal traveling to Cuba for USA citizens" do you maybe know any risks? Thank you very much!

Michael
  • edited January 2013
    Read my long post from Oct. 22, 2010 here.

It's still accurate.

Cheers,
    Terry
    I'm an Australian flying to Cuba Via Gatwick airport with Virgin Atlantic.
    You can get a visa for cuba at their info desk without any problems at all.
    All you need is your passport give them the money and they give you the visa
    was so simple and quick.
    Have fun
    Storm
    Thanks for that update Storm, I wasn't sure how Virgin was handling things these days. Good to know.

Cheers,
    Terry