Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Overstayed Visa

edited April 2013 in Visa and Passport
I have overstayed my visa by a year in the UK to help a friend try to get her child in a custody fight. I had file for an extension thru a company that told me it would take up to a year to get but i would be fine. Now I can not find the company online no money was exchanged. She has lost the child & my mom is sick I need to go home to the states. I have no money to get home because have lived off it for a year & helped her with lawyers. Well I be deported back to the USA if I show up at the airport with no money or ticket, arrested or what? How will this effect my visa because I am due to travel to Finland in July. for a few months???


  • You can't expect the British government to foot the bill for your flight home. If you're deported, you may have difficulties returning to the UK in future.
Sign In or Register to comment.