Do Cruise Passengers Need Tourist/Transit Visas?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Hello, I wonder if you can help me. I have a EU passport (British) ; my husband and 13yr old have South African passports. We have been living and working in Ireland for 4 years. My husband has a residency/working card for Ireland. Does he (and my daughter) need a visa for a 7 day cruise? We are going to Spain, Italy, and Corsica. The travel agency we are dealing with doesn't know. Thank yu
  • edited 11:15PM
    hello, My wife and I are both Indian passport holders living in the UK. I hold ILR(permanent resident) while she is on a dependant spouse visa. If we take a meditaranean cruise from Southampton which stops at numerous locations in Italy and spain and returns to Southampton, will we have to have a Schengen visa?
    Having a residence/work permit in the UK doesn't mean anything in the rest of Europe, as Britain is not part of the Schengen agreement. Both South African and Indian passport holders will require a visa.
    hi,
    I just wanted to ask, I'm a filipino granted a 10 yr multiple visa b1/b2 to visit the united states sponsored by my eldest sister. After visiting her, i would want to visit some friends in dubai. I just wanted to have a clear picture since ill be booking a flight to US and to have an exit in dubai.. Do i need to apply a dubai visa here in the philippines? or US? am i allowed to go to dubai and have a"visit visa"? coz' as per my reserach, i need to have a relative sponsor there? unfortunately, i dont have relatives in dubai, only friends.. how can i apply a "visit visa" and wher shud i apply it...
    thank you very much in advance.
    i hope someone can answer this query of mine :)
    I am going to take a cruise with MSC in early September.

During this cruise we will visit France, Spain, Italy and Tunisia. I hold a Thai passport, but reside in the UK, so I know I will need a Schengen visa but will I need one for Tunisia for that days visit?

If a Tunisia visa is needed, will MSC allow me on the ship without a Tunisia visa if I do not get off the ship there?

Thank you in advance
  • edited July 2012
    Hi Simon,

I'd suggest posting your question in this thread on visas for Tunisia. Our fantastic expert Lesley has great advice!
    Hi,

I and my wife have Indian passports and currently reside in the UK. I have a Tier-1 visa and my wife has a Dependent Tier-1 visa.
    We are planning to go on a cruise from Southampton to New York and fly back.

My wife doesn't have a visa to the US and she will need to get a B2 for this trip. However, I already have a valid B1/B2 visa issued by my previous employer. Do I still need to apply for another B2 visa specifically for this trip?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    AB
    Hi
    I am an indian passport holder with permanent resident visa in UK. My husband is a British passort holder.We have booked on a cruise for next month,we will be visiting Lisbon ,Gibraltar,Casablanca(Morocco),Malaga Cadiz and Vigo.I have got a schengan Visa .I'm planning to stay inside the ship on the day of our trip to Morocco .Do I still need a visa to stay inside the ship? Please advice
    SJ
    Hi SJ,

Generally if you don't intend to leave the ship, you don't need a visa. But why miss out on a magical city like Casablanca?
    Hi David

I am an Indian, taking a 21 nigth Cruise starting From Singapore and ending at Singapore. The cruise liner visitng Malaysia and Thailand at different ports during the sailing. I am embarking and disembarking only at Singapore and would be on the ship during the sailing and at ports in Malaysia and Thailand. Do I require visa for Malaysia and Thailand? I have taken only multiple entry visa to singapore. Kindly advise.......
    Hello David,
    I have two cruises that I am currently looking at. I am trying to figure out Visa requirements for both of them. I am an Indian citizen with a valid US visa (F1).
    Cruise 1: Departing from Cape Liberty, Bayonne, N.J.; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Charlottetown, P.E.I.; Quebec City, Quebec; Gaspe, Canada; Cape Liberty, Bayonne, N.J.

Cruise 2: 12 day British Isles Roundtrip From London
    Starting in London (Southampton), England, Guernsey, England, Cobh, Ireland, Dublin, Ireland, Liverpool, England, Belfast, Northern Ireland, Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland, Inverness/Loch Ness (Invergordon), Scotland, Edinburgh (South Queensferry), Scotland, Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France, London (Southampton), England

Kindly advise.

Thank you.
    R
    Hi Rohan,

For the first itinerary, you would need a Canadian visa, as you're already holding an American visa. The second one would require a visa for the UK, Ireland, and France.
    Greetings!

I'm American with a US passport and will be sailing aboard a Holland America ship which starts in Dubai, goes to a few places in India, Malaysia and disembark in Singapore. My question is, will I need any visas or special documentation for any of these ports/destinations? Thanks in advance!
    HI, I AM A SLOVAK CITIZENSHIP WITH PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN CANADA,
    I AM GOING ON CRUISE, ONE PORT OF CALL IS ANTIGUA AND ANOTHER IS ST.LUCIA.
    I DONT PLAN DISEMBARK IN THESE PORT OF CALLS. I TRAVEL WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN.
    DO I NEED GET A VISA?
    THANK YOU
    hi,

i hope i'm not too late for asking a cruise question.

i'm a philippine passport holder, i'm considering taking a south pacific cruise that goes to fiji, vanautu and new caledonia, but unfortunately the ship's port of call is in sydney australia. i need a visa for sydney, and getting a tourist visa for australia is not a sure thing for a filipino citizen if not impossible. i haven't seen any ships that depart from singapore or manila that go to fiji. do the cruiseliner company sponsor the passengers so they can avail of the needed visas?

i'm trying to get a clear picture of what i have to deal with. thanks.
    My husband and I are Canadians who will be traveling to Dubai in late Feb. We know that we need a travel visa for Dubai but, while in Dubai we will be taking a Costa Cruise that will take us into Oman. I have been unsuccessful in finding out whether we will need a separate visa for Oman, if the ship receives a visa for all passengers itself, or if we obtain a visa at the port in Oman. If we were to fly into Oman I know that we would get the visa at the airport---how does it work for cruise ships---1st call to Costa Cruises led to a dead end.
    I have received conflicting information from various organizations. Does anyone know what the reality is???
    hi i hav indian passport n im travellin wit my husband in commercial cargo ship which he s workin ,do i need a uk visa whether i stay onboard ?
    PLZ reply me its very urgent for me bec im joinin ship on 23 in brazil....
    hi,

I have a residence permit in Malta and I will be on a cruise which will stop in Kusadasi, Turkey for less than 8 hours. Do I need a visa to tour the place for 5 hours?

thanks.
    Hi,
    I hold a Philippine passport with US green card, I booked a European cruise that sails this May.The cruise sails from Barcelona, to France, Italy, Croatia, and Montenegro.
    I am applying for Schengen visa from either Italy or Spain.
    Please reply to these questions:
    1. Will the Schengen visa allow me to disembark in Croatia and Montenegro?
    2. If no, will I be allowed aboard the cruise if I have no visa for Croatia or Montenegro ( & don't disembark)?
    Thanks.
  • edited May 2013
    No you wont be able to disembark but you will be fine to stay on board, I know this from first hand experience.
  • We are a group of Indians booked on a 1 week Royal Caribbean cruise to Italy Greece Turkey. Cruise starts and ends in Italy. Some of us have received only a single entry Schengen visa. Will this create a problem either in boarding the ship or in disembarking at Turkey? would it be okay if the guys with the single entry Schengen visas don't disembark in Turkey? Thanks.

Manoj
  • Hi 
    My wife, 4 year old daughter and I are embarking on a 12 day cruise from Spain around the Med in August 2013. We are Indian citizens and residents of Dubai, UAE and have a Schengen visa for the Europe travel. The cruise stops in Croatia and Montenegro for 5 to 7 hours. We currently do not have a visa for Croatia and Montenegro; can we get a visa on arrival at the ports of these 2 countries ? If not, how do I apply for their visas as they both do not have a consulate or embassy in the UAE  ? Appreciate the assistance. Regards, S
  • Hi David, I am a Trinidad and Tobago passport holdand I am going on a cruise to Barcelona, France and Italy. Do i need a multiple entry schengen visa or ia a single entry fine? Is there any difference in travelling in the Schengen area via air train or even boat because if I was travelling via air or train a single entry to the same destinations would be fine. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • SantoshKeni,when boat enters harbour our customs shall come and give you turist visa on spot!?
    Enjoy.
  • Hi David
    I'm going on a cruise to Greece. The cruise is departing from Venice, Italy. I have a Colombian passport and I'm a resident of the United States what type of visa do I need and do I need to apply for Italy and Greece visa
  • Hi Laura,

You will need to apply for a Schengen visa, which is valid for both Italy and Greece; you can apply at the nearest consulate for either country.
  • edited November 2013
    Hi, David

I'm a Canadian, hold a Canadian passport and my friend, hold a Chinese passport with USA Visa. going to take
    7 Night Eastern Caribbean Getaway. 
    Miami----San Juan, Puerto Rico----Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.----Philipsburg, St. Maarten----Miami.
    5 Night Western Caribbean
    Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades)---- Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)----Falmouth, Jamaica----Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
    3 Night Bahamas
     Miami, ----Grand Bahamas Island----Nassau, Bahamas----Great Strirrup Cay----Miami
    I'm also intrested in George Town, Grand Cayman
    Do we need visa for all above?
    Thank you very much
  • edited November 2013
    We are going to on cruises in December 2013 and January 2014.
    Thanks.
  • hiii...

im a sri lankan. . I wanna travel USA by cruise ship. do I need visa for travelling to USA ? if I need visa then American visa officer will accept my visa? im 21 years old guy living in srilanka