Visiting Turkey 1st time... advice?

edited June 2012 in - Turkey
Hi,
I will be travelling to turkey in the first two weeks of July (10 days). Currently my itinerary includes Istanbul, Cappadocia and Ephesus. We aren't that gung-ho about shopping, but we love adventure sports. I am a seasoned traveller. I had a few doubts and would be obliged if you would answer them.
1) Is the Ephesus one day tour from Istanbul worth it? I went on trip advisor but couldn't find much. If you have had the experience, which one should I take?
2) Vegetarian food. We are strict vegetarians (no meat, no fish) but not vegans (i.e we have milk and eggs). So will I be facing any problems related to food in any of the above places? If so do you have any suggestions?
3) In Cappadocia which is the better place to stay - Urgup, Uchisar, Gerome or Cappadocia?
4) Currency : We have a USD forex card (prepaid currency card). Will that work? Should we carry Euros too?
5) How much cash should ideally one carry to Turkey?
6) Bosphorus Night Cruise : I was wondering whether I should take the local cruise by my self or book a dinner cruise through a tour company.
7) Is the black sea worth visiting from Istanbul?

Any help will be truly appreciated.
Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments