Visas and Jabs for Namibia

edited November 2010 in Africa
I have a UK passport. Do I need a visa to go to Namibia. Are vaccinations necessary or optional?

Comments

• edited 8:00PM
    Hi - UK passport holders do not need a visa - just a valid passport. No compulsory vaccinations, unless you are coming from a yellow fever area.
    i have Nigerian passport do i need a visa to Namibia.
    tonio - you need a visa to enter Namibia with a Nigerian passport
    I hold a Portuguese passport. Do I require a visa to come to Namibia?
    I hold an Israelien passeport and I need a visa to Namibia . Is it possible to get it in Zambia and where?
    Hi, I'm going to Windhoek in July for a conference. Am planning to take my partner and 12 yo son also. Do we need to take malaria tablets prior to departure? I heard they have side effects.
    Also, is it safe for my partner & son to walk around the city during the day, or better to take a taxi?

Thanks
  • For all those interested in entry requirements and medical requirements in Namibia: the only vaccination required for entry is a yellow fever jab (if you are coming from a yellow fever area); malaria is a problem and malaria medication is recommended, although some seasons and some regions are worse than others; most nationalities (including American and British) do not require visas for stays of up to three months (business or pleasure), but passports valid for six months are required. Here is a brief overview of Passport and Visa requirements for Namibia.