Passport expiry dates for entering Italy

2»

Comments

• edited 10:30AM
    Hi!!

I come from Poland but live in London, and I'm about to fly to Rome in October with my choir to sing for pope... my friend told me that I will not be able to enter Italy because my passport expired, but I have polish ID of mine and I was able to easily enter Germany and England on it. So my question is.. Is my friend right? or the right is on my side and I can enter Italy on my ID without any problems.

Thank you!!
    MY son is travelling to Italy in march next year bur will only have months left on his passport on his return, does he need to renew it?
    MY son is travelling to Italy in march next year bur will only have 5 months left on his passport on his return, does he need to renew it?
    Friends keep telling me you need 6 months left on your passport. We are travelling to Canada and have been assured by Canadian Immigration this is not so for Canada. Can you confirm it. Their trips (seperate) were Bale/Italy and India
    I am going to Italy for two weeks on the 26th May 2013 my passport runs out 25th June 2013 do I need to renew it?
    Hi Carol,
    I'm not sure where you hail from, which makes specific advice difficult but have a look at this Passport and Visa Overview for Italy. Technically you should be fine to travel on your current passport. The reason travel authorities generally suggest having six months remaining is because sometimes ground staff apply different rules and you can be unlucky. Many countries actually specify that you need three or six months but Italy is not one of them.
  • I live in US and I have US green card and Israeli citizenship.
    I would like to travel to Italy in August, but my passport expired 1.5 month ago and all Israel's consulates are on strike during last two months.
    May I travel to Italy with expired Israel's passport in this situation?
  • For US citizens they can visit Italy without visa for 90 days with valid passport. So a valid passport is necessary for everyone.