Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Getting a UK VISa

Hi.  I would like to ask for your opinion.
I am a Filipina from Philippines and I am asking if it is possible for me to get a British Visa.
The situation is this:

I met a guy online and we became a boyfriend.  He is offering if I can come over to England so that we can spend time together and see what will happen.
He will send me the documents needed--so it shows up He as my boyfriend will do the SPONSORSHIP.

I don't know if it is possible for me to get a visa.  What type of visa will I get?

I just had my job contract finished last month of April.   I don't have bank accounts...
Is it possible for me to get a visa?

What will be the documents that I need to submit as supporting papers?


  • If you don't have a job in the Philippines it is highly unlikely that you will be granted a visa.  With a British b/f sponsoring you, you are an overstay risk if you don't show decent ties to your country and the funds to support your stay.
  • Maggie is right... visas like this are generally granted only if you are married or engaged.
Sign In or Register to comment.