Scammers from Ghana

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Wow! I am literally amazed at all the stories of people who have had to deal with scammers. I guess I've been pretty lucky, only have had to deal with the Somalian Prince emails wanting to send me millions of dollars.
    Yes, he's been in contact with me too. He used the name Giovanni Bellini. I gave him a very hard time about stealing the name of a Renaissance artist. He's very passionate, very attentive, and very disappointed that I won't give him any money. I have photos that he claims to be him, but I told him that the photos that he claimed were of his house, were taken from a magazine, and his "paintings" appear on several other websites. He even sent me an itinerary of his trip to Ghani, but messed up on one flight #. It was s nonstop NY to Puerto Rico instead of Atlanta.
    I told him he needs to avoid people who admit to being journalists. He even put his teenage son on the phone once. Same charming accent. Hardly likely for a kid who has been living in Atlanta virtually all his life.
  • Feelingstupid - please email me offline at FloridagirlLh@gmail.com.  I would like to show you photos he sent me to see if he is the same person.  He is still contacting me, even after I accused him of trying to scam me.  He got very upset and tried to turn the whole thing around on me.  I told him I was going to an art gallery today and if it is the same person, I want to tell him the art exhibit was a Giovanni Bellini exhibit and see how he reacts - I really really need to be able to laugh about this or I will just continue to cry.  He is very passionate, very attentive and says everything you could ever want to hear from a man.  I have to wonder...if a scammer can figure out what we all want and need to hear as women, why the heck can't regular men????
  • So as an update to my experience with being scammed by someone in Ghana.  The name the person in Ghana is using to scam me is Anthony Delia.  He says he is originally from Italy but currently lives in Dublin Georgia.  He is charming and romantic (like you are reading a romance novel - the perfect man in every way).  He says that his wife died shortly after moving to the US and that he has a 15 year old son names Diego.  He sends photos of himself - very good-looking Italian man.  Photos of his parents and him, photos of him and his son, photos of him and his dead wife and photos of artwork he claimed to paint.  He says that he is a geologist and works in gold and diamond mining.  About a month into communicating, he tells you that he has been awarded a management contract for a new mine to be dug in Ghana (along the way he tells you about his presentations and meetings to be awarded the contract).  He will in real time watch TV programs with you (i.e. the Olympics).  He will send you a flight itinerary from Georgia to Ghana, contact you from the airports and send photos of himself in the airport.  During his conversations prior to going, he will tell you that most likely he won't be able to speak with you during the trip because he doesn't know what type of internet connection he will be able to get (by the way, shortly after texting with him initially - I met him through JDate - he wants to email and msg thru his yahoo account because it has faster and better quality messaging).  He takes his time though.  He will send you the account and tell you that he is trusting you with it.  He then tells you he took his account on JDate off.  He will give you his phone number but never answers when you call.  He calls you right back.  This is because most likely he is in a room full of people who are online and making calls.  The call comes into one of the many many phones in the room and someone goes to get him - same with texting.  He will give you a local number in Georgia, but apparently this is really not a local number.  There is something called MagicJack that transforms numbers into local numbers (I learned this from another scammer that is now contacting me telling me how bad scammers are in Ghana and how the program works...interesting how he knows so much about the scam world).  Once in Ghana, he will tell you how very much he misses you and that he is calling you or texting you on a borrowed phone from his driver because his US phone doesn't work and he will ask you every so lovingly and nicely to buy him an iPhone and send it to him so he can speak with you and because he needs it to communicate with the Bank in the US on his loans for the Gold Mining project.  But interestingly...he is particular about the color of the phone...he doesn't want black - lol.  When I told him that friends told me I was being scammed and he was lying, he got very upset and hurt.  How could I ever think those things of him...I was a horrible person for believing this...on and on.  At this point, I already knew he was scamming me, but so interested in what was going to come next that I played along (even though I felt as if my heart had been broken in 2 - I felt so horrible that I could be so stupid because even though I had read everything online about what was going on...I just didn't want to believe it...I wanted to believe that this was the 1 in a million time that he was real and I felt bad thinking badly about him - I woke up quickly).  So I begged him to forgive me - professing my undying love.  I told him I would buy him a phone and send it.  He provided me with a Name and address to send it to.  I tried to report it to the FBI online scamming site and to the Ghana online scamming site, but never heard back from them.  Immediately he asked that when I send it, to provide him with a tracking number. I wanted to wait and see if someone who I reported it to would get back to me so I could provide the address - so I reassured him that I would send the phone to buy some time.  So, I went to the  store and got the manager to allow me to take a photo of a new iPhone, just in case he wanted to see it.  I then told him I would ship it.  So the next day he asked for the shipping number, and since no one had gotten back to me yet, I created a story.  I told him that I had been in a car accident.  I told him that the phone was in the car when it was towed and I couldn't leave the house because I didn't have a car and was injured.  This went on for a week - him professing his missing me and pretending to care, me telling him the same and finally I told him I got the phone back and sent it.  Then I kept forgetting to get the tracking number from the office.  The night before I was going to tell him about how I basically scammed him back, I got a posting on this site about the same man doing the same thing to someone else using a famous artists name Giovanni Bellini.  I immediately contact him and told him I was going to a wonderful art exhibit by Giovanni Bellini...he was very good...didn't even skip a beat.  Amazing!  So the next day when he asked for the tracking number again or asked that I track it for him I had to fess up.  By the way, he did offer to pay for the phone himself and wire money INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!  Like I was going to give him that information!!!!  Well in reality...if I hadn't figured it out...I might just have given it to him...I fell in love with this man - or at least the created version - in my mind I still love the Anthony that was created...I know, it is crazy.  So in the end, I did not tell him I know he scammed me...I told him that I was too embarrassed to tell him I had no money and thought that I was going able to come up with the money in time to cover my lie of sending it to him.  I wanted to see what he would say.  Well my answer was clear there...either send the phone or forget about him is what he said.  Many texts went back and forth on this.  I have to wonder what he was more pissed about...putting all that work into getting a phone or being tricked for such a long time.  So that is the end.  I decided to do an experiment and post my photo on a site without any bio or info to see what would happen.  Interestingly I have been contacted by so many guys - not knowing a thing about me.  But one in particular stands out - who is madly in love with me after 2 days - lol. This person says all the same things that this "Anthony" said.  All the same references to things that might make me crazy or sad if I was reflecting on Anthony.  References to same songs, things we would do together...the texts come at times shortly after I would get texts from Anthony or at the same time Anthony was texting - like this Anthony is telling the new texter what to write.  Also this new texter tells me how horrible men in Ghana are and what scammers they are.  He tells me how the program works.  I have to wonder...did "Anthony" or one of his buddies find me again right away?  If I didn't know that it was all made up, the things going back and forth would make me crazy, as maybe they plan it to be.  Or maybe they all just use the same script.  Anyway...Please, please please be careful.  And remember...what seems too good to be true, usually is.
  • Ladies, just be careful. I've been to Nigeria 3 times with my husband and I would never go alone. We met on the internet but he lived in Germany so I visited him there several times. I filed for him and he was here within a year. We are happily married. Just take your time.
  • Well same story as the lady from the story of October 2011,  I have been in many sites meet a few guys never worked out.  I had opened tagged and about to close it a day after this James Cole text me and how can I not look as such an handsome guy 6'2" with these honey color eyes,   he even had pictures of his about to be 6 years old son who he named Nelson. I have been reading the bible and as we text I felt something real that I had never in my life before.  I guess I wanted to believe he rushed me text him because he had to go to work and it was easier for him.  I said to myself what harm can be in that?  so I text him  he told me he won a lottery @ the age of 19 to come from Cuba.  Its hard for a James Cole to be from Cuba, I let it slide.  He told he had a brother that died from a hole in his heart and he was a widow for 2 year his wife died in a car accident.  I was impressed by his text he will ask me lots of question and I answered.  We will text all day from a 425 number which was Washington he said he was in Africa on a business trip and he relocated to Florida 2 months ago.  He will be back home in 2 weeks and he opened a tagged because he wanted to move on and he saw my pictures and as soon as I text him he closed his account.  Which I checked and he did not even the conversation of us was there weird.  He will talk about how much he loved me that I was an Angel sent by God.  The thing is I felt the same way a week after texting he tells me its his son B-day the next day he said his son had fallen from the bed and broke his neck.  Everything fine his son Nelson was going to be released from the hospital today but last night he tells me he spent all his money in hospital bill and he need money to pay the hotel.   He gives me the name of the hotel manager because he could get the money faster and his name was AWE DUTON CHRISTOPHER   so I google him and look I found a similar story same name on this site.   In the October 11 he used Christopher Cole but the same name for the western union money to be deposit.  May God forgive him and we woman need to wake up and smell the coffee if its to good to be true is false. I wish I could post pictures he sent me so girls and women could be aware.
  • I think I am in the middle of a scam and would appreciate anyone who can respond. I met a guy on a dating site 4 for widowers, I am unfortunately a widow. This guy, his name is Peter Lance Cullin, he lives in USA but wants to return to Australia, his Dad was Australian. At the moment he is in Kuala Lumpur and has won a huge contract to build bridges and roads. His wife died in a car accident, he has a brother with a spinal injury and he has a daughter. He reads the bible, he has started texting and often rings me. He has an accent, not American or Australian, he said he lived in Germany for a long time and has a Dutch accent (Could be nigerian). Lots of undying love, when I asked for a photo of him with a current newspaper he got cranky, he did send one but I could not see the date. I am going to ask him to Skype me over the weekend but last night he asked me to get an Australian phone credit so he can ring and text as often as he wants - sounded weird to me, the "Contract" is worth millions. I think the website "Date A Widower" is full of scammers. His pictures are good, him with his mother, him with his daughter, him signing this million dollar contract, even sent a copy of the contract but I googled it on world maps and could not find the company. I'm feeling sad because I think I am in the middle of a scam. Thanks for reading
  • I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this man is a scammer. All the signs are there.

1) A man born in one country who lives in another country but works in a third country 
    2) Has has tendered successfully for a contract in a foreign country.
    3) Widowed with a child and a sick relative. Sometimes it is the child who becomes ill.
    4) Has plenty of money to come from his work/contract but asks you for money or goods
    5) The photos are not his and look nothing like him
    6) Why would a person who lived in Germany have a Dutch accent?

Stop all contact with this man and inform the dating site of your concerns. Unfortunately dating sites are infested with scammers. Just be on your guard and if they fit the above profile or ask for money stop contact
  • Thank you for this response, you have confirmed what I suspected. I did contact the website but got a rubbish response. Today I have asked him if we can Skype at the weekend, he said yes. I am wondering how he could do that if he is a scammer, I wonder how he will get out of it. It makes me sad that I went on a website looking for a widower, I am a widow and yet I meet some f@@king creep trying to scam me. Makes my blood boil but I hAve lost nothing, just made me stronger and much more wary. Good advice, thank god I found this website but I think I had a gut feeling which is why I went looking for answers.
  • Just wait you will see his internet connection will be down or Skype wont work  ;)

If you have not done so already read back through the posts on here on March 1st I wrote a whole item on how to spot a scammer.
    By the way, how can a man with a small company beat large international competitors and Malaysian companies to build a bridge and roads in Malaysia, utter nonsense.
  • I KNOW I WAS SCAMMED FOR A FACT THE GUY TOLD ME HE WASN'T INTO NETWORKING THAT'S WHY HE DIDN'T HAVE SKYPE  EVERYTHING WAS BY TEXT OR EMAILS BUT HE SEND ME PICTURES OF A VERY HANDSOME AFRICAN AMERICAN MIX EVEN A COPY OF HIS PASSPORT  AND HIS NUMBER WAS FROM SEATTLE WASHINGTON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE WHICH I NEVER ADD HIM HAD 29 FRIENDS ONLY AND FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD I WONDER IF THOSE PICTURES WERE STOLEN AND THE PERSON DOESN'T EVEN KNOW SOMEONE FROM NIGERIA IS USING HIS PICS  OR IS IT TRULY HIM ?
    ANY SUGGESTIONS??
  • Altria I wish I could show you the certificate for the roads, it is 13.5 million yet he has just asked me for an Australian $100 phone recharge because he can't get it in Malaysia. He has also been blessed with a beautiful body that women crave yet he loves me.... A 55 year old widow! It is so stupid that it is funny. Let's see what he says about Skype, I have just emailed him and told him I am going to show the certificate to my girlfriend who is Malaysian, can't wait to see what he says about that.
    I am onto this scammer, let him waste his time, I'm giving him nothing.
    You are right Althia, utter nonsense and you made me laugh - Thankyou for responding
  • Keep in touch ukgirlinoz and let us know how things go. If you want you can send me the certificate to info@astonlawpractice.com then we can have a good laugh  =))
  • he has given me a phone number to recharge, how can I check the number?
  • I replied to your email and I am now convinced he is a Nigerian scammer . What number does it start with? eg mobiles from UK start 07 Australia is 04 so whats his number? 
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks Althea, I have emailed you. You have been such a great help before I lost any money
  • Never been to online dating since i always met my lovers in
    real life
    Well, after the broken hearteds, I decided to try my luck on
    the net.
    I registered on afrodating.com in search of a beautiful
    woman for a soul mate.
    Unforunately, my fate lied on the wrong person, i waked to
    read a
    message on the site from marylove from Ghana, a white lady
    of 28yrs
    old as She told me.
    Her mum was a missionary and went to Afrixa with her and
    could not
    come back as the local Church needed their service and She
    lives in a
    mission home.
    I fell for her when she sent me a gift on my birthday through
    my postal address.
    We decided to meet each other in real life and She demanded
    money on
    numerous occasion in coming to us.
    I told her the game was over when she try to smuggle
    product which i
    knew nothing about it to the UK, as a surprised.
    I lost nearly £18,000.00 to her and with assitance from a
    close friend
    of mine i reported the story to the cybercrimeoffice of
    Ghana( info.ghanapolice at consultant. com ) and reports
    received that
    fraudster are been trace and my case would receive a
    favourable
    condition.
    Am currently in Ghana where i have met officials of the Crime
    Unit and
    Police and hopefully these scammers will be brought to
    justice.
    The Officials of the crime unitt never requested money from
    me.
    Thank You
    ANDY BOB.
  • My scammer got the shits because I questioned why a man with a multi million dollar contract wanted an Australian $100 phone charge card and I haven't heard from him since. Good riddance, I now think dating sites are full of scammers targeting vulnerable people, this was true for you too by the sound of it Andy Bob. I don't know what the answer is but I'm sorry it happened to you and me but you lost a lot more money. Take care and thanks to Alethia for helping me
  • edited April 2014
    Has anyone encountered a man on a dating web site that lives in Ohio but also has a house in Dublin Ireland and he calls you, "my lady". He is also a jeweler and buys gold in Ghana, South Africa . He is also a widow with
    A 23 year old son who still lives in Ireland. He is madly in love with me, very romantic and wants to spend the rest of his life together with me. He had to go back to Ireland because his mother had a heart attack and she is better but he had to travel to Ghana for business and now wants me to send him an iPhone.....perfect scam....but so believable.... Has created an authentic Manta Account probably just so I would think he is for real...funny thing ...it was just created at the beginning of March but according to him he has been in the states getting his Jewelry business started 3 years ago....even has a Facebook account with nothing on it.......let me know if any of this sounds familiar
  • This is most definitely a scammer. The usual story, homes in different countries, travels and works abroad, widowed with a child who lives with family members. Giving a background of stability and money. Yet they have no money for a mobile phone or in some cases not enough money to top up a phone.

Facebook and other social media accounts that are virtually empty. A man who falls quickly and deeply in love with you. These are the usual traits of a scammer, get rid of him and let him know the games up then you will see his true colours.

• His name he used is Randy Hudson....if you google him with his home being Accra, Ghana....you will see him pop right up with even his picture.... I am one of the lucky ones...he didn't get any assets from me and he wasn't as believable as he thought.
    Beware ladies!
    PS. His email he uses is randi_hudz2@yahoo.com
  • Yes he is the guy...he also goes by 1 alias I have found so far...Richard Hopper. I first commented on this web site under lindukee....but I have cancelled my yahoo account under that name because I want no further contact with him....
  • Dear All,

CAUTION FROM A GHANAIAN MAN.
    These days a good number of Ghanaians, both young and old and EVEN Nigerians living in Ghana pretending to be Ghanaians spend most of their time at internet cafe's looking for victims. They consider it a full TIME employment. and yes both males and females OF ALL AGES are involved. These days they even do it at home to avoid public eyes. Ask a young man what he does for a living and he will tell you he is a 'cafe boy' meaning he is an internet fraudster. what annoys me the most is that about 70-80% of these people are not even Ghanaians.These people are just lazy and they don't want to work for money. they want to make quick cash off of people. I am just surprised so many actually succeeds. You will see these men and women driving in very expensive cars but in the end they actually don't hold a job. In Ghana no one will investigate the source of your money when you are living an expensive lifestyle which does not commensurate your income. So they always get away with it. I go to the bank and I see lots of them  queyed at the moneygram section to receive money from victims. The truth is some unscrupulous people at the banks are also in on it.
    Lastly I will also let you in on a secret. In Ghana we have juju which is like voodoo. and most of the guys actually use this magic on their victims who respond to their requests and solicitations without even realizing the mistake their making. I am a Ghanaian myself and I must tell you that this juju actually works. You should be weary of the people you deal with. Lastly I can confidently say that this whole scamming was first brought in Ghana by Nigerians and its has caught on to young Ghanaians like wildfire, because they are lazy.
    This is just a caution and I wish you spread it.
  • edited June 2014
    I started receiving scam emails on 2004 when someone from Italy wanted to deposit ten million dollars into my bank account,I of course googled him and found a warning against his e-mail,I since then keep wary of believing such disgustful scam
  • edited June 2014
    Hi, Am Coffie from Ghana. I can attest to the fact that what all of you are saying is true. I dont actually know when Ghanaians started doing this silly acts. and it's come to stay. There are now scammers here so you just need to be very careful. It seems its destroying the Good Name of Ghana and I hate to see when people from other countries are discussing about scammers and the name 'Ghana' gets involve even though its true. Just be careful you dont fall for this stupid people. I just hope and pray they stop this acts and find something better to do. By the way, I signed up purposely to say this. Thank u guys. Hope you discuss more productive topics like this!!
  • Hi, I have been scammed by scammer mark miller. I know I have been stupid, and its cost me alot of money. Hes now revealed his true identity. A Richard Klutse "zuka" from Nungua Ghana. I have got recent photos of him. Hes on facebook as drillich richard.  I have asked him to send my money back, but to no avail. Hes trying to come UK on false visa. He has shown and sent me copy of his passport. His mum lives in Ho, Ghana. How can I get help to report him and bring him to justice. Hope someone has some advice . Thanks
  • edited October 2014
    I talked with a scammer, I saw through him. I knew he was a young man from Nigeria. We talked for several weeks, he never asked me for anything. He confessed to me. he told me he didn't have the heart to do scam. he thanked me for talking with him and helping him make the decision not to do scam. He has a legit job now and is doing well. he has a visa and legal documents to work abroad. I'm friends with him and his family.
    Not all Naija men and women are scammers.You always have to be careful and check out whom you meet online.
  • edited November 2014
    I have recently joined a lesbian dating sight where I got talking to a 32 year old lady from Ghana. I told her that I have been hurt before and would like to be friends at first then see how things go from there. She agreed. She told me that her mum was from Panama and her dad from Ghana, they met while her dad was on a business trip she was born in Panama and they moved to Ghana when she was 8. We have only been speaking for just less then a week. Although I made it clear that I wanted to take it slow. It's like she thinks We are in a relationship. She calls me baby she messages me all the time from morning till night. She has 2 kids 8 and 9. She told me she has been hurt at her girlfriend went off with a guy. She says she and her kids share a bedroom. She told me she works in a shop but she has a weeks leave and next week she goes back to work. She tells me she wants to talk to me all the time but her phone won't allow Internet browsing and asked what phone I had I told her it was an iPhone it was a present from an ex. She told me that her birthday is at the end of the month and asked me to get her a smart phone for her birthday so she can continue to talk to me when she is back at work. She says very little I tell her things about me her reply will be ok. I say I want to know more about her and her reply was don't worry you will get to find out about me no matter how ugly it is I will tell you. Am I being scammed? I am new to all this so I haven't got a clue
  • edited November 2014
    Crazylady is what you are if you believe this nonsense. Of course its a scam, no doubt about it. Stop all contact. "She" may not even be a female.

By the way Gay, Lesbian and transgender relationships are illegal in Ghana and punishable by 5 to 25 years in prison. In some African countries LGBT are criminalised and the penalty is death.
    South Africa gives full rights to LGBT people including same sex marriage.

In future do not be taken in by sob stories and people who ask for gifts and money. I also suggest you look for partners in countries where to be LGBT is not illegal. 

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler