Spain - Schengen Visa Requirements

edited May 2009 in - Spain and Portugal
I am wanting to go to Spain for a 7 day holiday in July this year and I'm wondering whether it is true that one has to produce bank statements showing a positive balance. My current account - joint account with my partner - is in overdraft. I do not currently have any separate accounts in my own name since coming to the UK - but can of course open a savings account and transfer money from another account - which is in my partner's name only - but in which I have deposited money. If I did this - it would show I have a positive balance - but only 1 -2 months worth until the date of intended travel.
Please can someone URGENTLY advise what the case is - and whether it will mean that I can just never go to Spain for a short holiday.
Thank you


Leave a Comment