Information about Lagos, Nigeria. City profile

Comments

• edited 4:34PM
    @ Lorn
    Be careful all the same.Ask them for their business registration info ,try have their home Landline and other necessary information you deem relevant.Am sure if its scam they are still gonna ask for the money maybe not soon.Be careful also of them telling you to go cash a cashiers check to finance your travel.Just be careful generally cos it does not sound right to me.But your best opinion counts
    My husband has been offered a job in Nigeria has anyone heard of the DPR cert that is required to workin oil and gas there?
    A lady claiming to be a missionary in Lagos, Nigeria who has 2 english bulldogs shes trying to get us to take. She wants us to pay $800 for the shipping fee and she wants us to wire $250 and the rest once we recieve the puppies. She keeps calling with a number from nigeria and she keeps emailing. Does anyone know if im being scammed or not?
    Cody - you are being scammed.
  • edited June 2009
    Going to Lagos for 2/3 months. Want to play tennis and learn break dance in non working times. How about these facilities and cost, can somebody tell me please. Any other information about Lagos /city profile much appreciated.
  • edited June 2009
    Why is everyone so focused on the bad aspects of Nigeria. ?
    It has some lovely sides. It has Nigerians who would love to be your friends and take you around without begging for money so i assume the person who made that comment met the bad few. We aint all unprincipled or beggared!!!
    Make sure there is a Nigerian to meet you at the airport or you book an hotel online (the major ones are Sheraton, Eko Hotel & SUites, Protea )and get them to come pick you. You would have agreed on what to look out for so you don't get into trouble.
    2.As for the babe who is in love...you don't fall in love with what you don't know. Youa re in love with the idea of being in love so don't let them con you.
    3. Sides anyone interested in quick money usually gets into trouble.....slow and steady...take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves though!but be on your watch. Crime is everywhere> we have bad things happen to people in the U.S.A and no one complains!!!! Come have fun!! Nigeria is a beautiful place...
    4. As for Business, you need to understand the environment to be able to function.
    I need some information.... IF someone gets stranded in Nigeria, namely the Capital, Abuja. He is a US citizen..where does he go to get help? in Abuja? He is on a thin thread of sustenance....he is having to drink their water....don't know if this is good or bad....He is a business man..and supposedly the bank has a 21 day hold on his money.... Is he fibbing to me....or is he being scammed....or am I?????
    man says he has x amounts of dollars in bank in lagos africa but can't withdraw the money cause they are in form of cheque is this a scam? keeps wanting me to send money western union so he can come home
    he calls his self Robert Pasino aka caringitalianman1961 anyone else heard of him
    I am highly irritated by some of your comments. Firstly i believe the scams can only work on greedy, unintelligent individuals because this emails are sent by uneducated Nigerians! Think about it!
    Secondly Most places especially on the Island in Lagos are safe and you can actually walk on the streets just like any part of the world it should be done with some discretion.
    The present Governor of lagos State Mr. fashola has done and is still doing an excellent job in revamping the city. For transportation you have MM2 which is the domestic airport and you can connect to most cities within the country from here.
    Locally you have a wide array of transportation options, Cabs (Avis, E-Taxi etc)
    For information about institutions such as central bank of Nigera do google for the website. Also an institution such as that would not be sending individuals emails unless you have contacted them in the past it is just simple logic!
    People keep complaining about the scams in Nigeria but they are just as a result of greedy westerners trying to make some quick buck!
    Does anyone know if Nigerians are able to send money from Nigeria to the US? My man told me because of all the scam activity, they cannot send money. Is this true?
    Robert Pasino has been contacting me.First on My Space and then Yahoo.He says he is an architect and is right now in Western Africa.He keeps saying he wants to be with me and that he thinks I am cute.I showed him my pic.I'm 50 yrs old and maybe cute but i am a big woman.No breauty queen.lol.What is he doing?Should I stop talking to him?
  • edited August 2009
    @ Nitenurse you should stop talking to him with immediate effect.His a scammer and soon his gonna start with his stories.Let me describe the scammer to you..His in his early 20's,un-employed,irresponsible and a drunk.He uses fake photos to pose to you and keeps reminding you how beautiful u are.he sends you love poems copied from the internet.He speaks with a fake dirty accent and can't write or speak English correctly.That's d person you are chatting with...Prowl though the internet about dating scams and am sure his case will seem familiar...
    Goodluck Ma:)
    I stopped talking to him immediately.He should be arrested for what he does.I wonder how many women actually sent that idiot money.He had sent me a pic of him (supposedly) standing with a surf board.He also said he had a son named Terry and showed me a pic of a young boy with curly blond hair.He said his wife had died 5 years ago from breast cancer and that he is raising his son himself.thank you for writing back.I am very careful on the internet now.
    Good decision..Block off all contact with him...The photos he sent you are fake photos of innocent people ..Be careful ...Pick up you dancing shoes and head out to town..Am sure you gonna find someone who appreciates you and not some stupid scammer...Good luck
    Thanks again.I actually wasn't looking for anybody.He sent me a message on my Myspace.He kept asking me to get Yahoo so we could chat and once i did he deleted his My Space profile.Such a jerk.I was going to send him some nasty words but i figured he's not worth my time.
    hi, i just received a call today 24Aug09 from a Doctor Morphine from some funny sounding hospital called Vessel Padaetrics Hospital who claims that my friend who is a British national had an accident and is currently in a coma for the past 2 days. The last time I spoke to my friend was on Saturday who was in Nigeria visiting some African Tourist Centre there at about 5pm before we left the chat-line.His description of my friend as accordingly to his picture was exact fit although i have not met this guy face to face yet, not even on webcam. Can someone help me as to how i can verify the authenticity of the details as the doctor asked me a funny question as to whether i could see his number on my phone display. when i told him no, he just left the line. he called back again to say that i am the only person and number my friend had been contacting all along during his visit to Nigeria since Thursday 20Aug09. I geniunely want to help my friend out since he is in coma and the description given fits him to the bill as against his profile picture. Is there something more i need to know as felt that things are not right. Thanks for any reply..
    I agree with JK he is right scams can only work unsensible, foolish and stupid people
    Troubled Heart is that your alias or its just how you feel at the moment? Since you got this news have you contacted your friend? Speak to your friend first under no circumstances should you conclude whatever without speaking to your friend, okay and stop being Troubled Hearted!

Its your firends prerogative to holler at you if there is danger, should have made that arrangement incase of "wahala" (trouble). Have you ever communicated with a ghost before? if you have goodluck!

Dexter with love http://www.mottolinesworldwide.com.
    i too think i fell victim of a scam was on zoosk dating service and a man named Dwayne Thomas started talking to me said he was a sales rep in Lagos and was walking to clients work and people were running towards him telling him to run cause of a riot he said he ran and when he got to his hotel" The Ever rest hotel " he realized he lost his wallet with $4000.00 in it said he looked all over for it and went to police but no luck he needed $800.00 for hotel stay and $600.00 for a balance on airline ticket they jacked up the airline price due to weather, the man said hes from grand rapids michigan and has no food to eat trying to sell things but has been detained by police for trying to sell things without a bill of sale.. Like a FOOL i sent him $1000.00 to western union on pepple street is there any way to talk to a clerk at western union? Any one else hear of a guy named Dwayne Thomas? Would like to hear your comments..
    oh i forgot the best part he said after i told him that i cant send any more money that one of his clients was gonna send me a check for me to cash and then i could send him the money so the check comes 4 days later by u.p.s.for $7000.00 and the check is from BIG BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF BOSTON, I go to my bank and thought i was gonna talk to my friend who is the manager at the bank so i sat down and showed her the check and she said its a fraud but to be sure lets call the bank number on here the number was out of order and we called another branch and they said that it was a fraud, so when i told Dwayne he asked me for my credit card number, which i didnt give him .. I AM SO GLAD I DIDNT DEPOSIT THE CK THEN TAKE OUT THE MONEY I WOULD BE SITTING IN JAIL RIGHT NOW.. I can not believe i was that stupid and got scammed.... If any one has had an encounter with Dwayne Thomas please email me @ nancysnotes2003@yahoo.com
    Hi Guys,

one thing about Nigeria is that they are very welcoming. I understand the risks about security and fraud, most I think they can be greatly exaggerated. As long you have a purpose and are willing to learn then you will be fine. Please visit my site to find out more. http://www.business-travel-nigeria.com/
    Hello i met a woman from nigeria and i have been chatting with her for several months we talked about her coming her with her child , she supposedly has the plane tickets but now says that she can't come until a travel allowance is payed to prove that she is capable of taking care of herself and child when she arrives in the U.S.
    she have informed me that amsterdam won't allow her to enter with out it ?
    I am an Indian who is being offered a job in Lagos. How safe is the place? Can one get wife and kids there?
    hi i got a job offer for lagos.please help me with information abt how safe is the place.is it ok with going there with family.please somebody help me.Antu
    Check out this expat guide to Nigeria - it might help answer some of your questions.
    thanks David.
    hello nan i have to been exposed to the same thing as you the only good thing for me was i did not send any mony after that i realised how many of them it is on internet you really cant trust anyone if you want to have more info write to me on heffas@hotmail.com
    Plz people out there, in the US most especially and from other parts of the world, never send any money to anyone in Nigeria you have not met and spoken with physically
    I'm Esosa, a Cybercafe Administrator in Lagos, Nigeria. Every day unemployed people ranging from boys to young men and women come to my Cybercafe to dupe unsuspecting foreigners of their hard earned money.
    They may send you very convincing pictures, but the internet contains over one billion pictures right? So why can't they go and get any picture they like and make use of it? Some may even chat with you via web cam, and still they are not real, never be fooled by anyone.
    Most people get entangled from dating sites. It's not necessary that your life partner or friend must be A or B, if you lose them, a better replacement will come by. Once you for a fleeting moment suspect a Nigerian online, never send any personal info or money to the person.
    Some even use pictures of whites to deceive unsuspecting foreigners

I don't use this site much, I only accidentally stumbled into it. If you suspect any person of being a scammer, just forward your conversations with 'him' or 'her' to my email aigbagenode@aol.com
    Don't be a 'maga' (fool) for any illiterate or half literate Nigerian. Be wise!