Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines:
Check out our country and city guides at

Entering Canada from US

edited October 2009 in - Canada
Can you enter Cananda if you are indicted for felony and out on bond and have court date after 8 weeks? This is an emergency situation and have to go for a weekend for a day? What Document do you need to enter Canada? I have Drivers Licence and Citizenship document but have no passport what do they require? do they have any records to not let me enter Cananda for a day?


  • ZhuZhu
    edited 7:47PM
    Are you American or Canadian? Are you going by land, air...?

    You need a passport to enter Canada and also to re-enter the USA, from what I understand.

    As for the justice aspect of your question, CIC says:

    If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offence, you may not be allowed to enter Canada.

    Criminal offences include both minor and serious offences, such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, consult the Canadian Criminal Code.
  • edited 7:47PM
    I am an American but was not born in U S. Thank you.
  • edited 7:47PM
    The indictment that you have received will not allow you to enter Canada until you are acquitted. Also you do need a US passport to enter CAN.
Sign In or Register to comment.