Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com



Last Active


  • An update on visa fees. for UK passport holders the e-visa is 20USD when bought online. This is 180 day multiple entry visa of which 90 days may be spent in Turkey. You can check out requirements at www.evisa.gov.tr for all nationalities. This is t…
  • I beg to differ! I used to travel with 4 teenagers and doing the maths it was cheaper to go Self Catering. At the start of the holiday I used to go and do a big supermarket shop so the fridge in the apartment was full of drinks, snacks etc and then…
  • Hi Pulakit

    I am not very familiar with the coastal areas near to Istanbul so would hesitate to recommend anywhere. Hopefully someone more familiar with that area will be able to help.

    Otherwise look at various tour companie…
  • As Bunnybenson says there are a number of money transfer websites and services worldwide. Western Union is accepted by most banks and post offices here in Turkey. Othrwisw you need the recipient's bank details here in Turkey and arrange a transfer f…
  • Hi Dawn

    How about out by the windmills between Bodrum and Gumbet then not too far to travel to your reception in Bitez. Wonderful views from there :o) Try the local wedding registrar to see where he is prepared to perform the ceremony!
  • Hi Justin

    I have travelled many times on my own to Turkey. Antalya is a great choice as you have the advantages of a city (shopping is great!!) but so close to some fabulous scenery and geographical features plus the ancient historic si…
  • Sally Gumbet really is a party place and the music is thumping away until morning! Turgutreis on the Bodrum peninsula is a quieter but still alive place with a variety of accommodation to choose from.

    Also take a look at the Antalya reg…
  • My first tip would be to arrange your certificate on non impediment (CONI) as you can't get married without it. You get it in the UK from your local registry office and both of you (if non Turk) must have one. I believe the Turkish authorities will …
  • Hmmm interesting one Tonto as in the last week or so regulations have been introduced here banning the fake designer goods and it remains to be seen how rigorously this is reinforced. You could also face confiscation of the goods with or without a p…
  • Rosine what is your nationality??

    Check out
    for more information.
  • To be honest train travel is not the easiest in Turkey as there are not many routes.

    If you intend travelling lond distances between cities often a domestic flight is the quickest and as cheap as bus travel. There are a number of domest…
  • Hi Syl
    According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website Ugandan citizens require a visa:

    Uganda: Ordinary and official passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. These pasaport holders with a valid Schengen o…
  • Employment law here in Turkey for foreigners is fairly strict. To work legally your employer must obtain a work visa for you. ?f you work illegally you risk deportation and a ban on entering Turkey again for a specified amount of time.
  • As I have suggested before one of the easiest and quickest ways to transfer money to another country is Western Union. A fee is payable but usually doesn't amount to more than the usual bank charges.

    All banks should accept money trans…
  • Hi angeywoo

    you are probably best to contact the hotel directly. Many hotels here are able to offer a wedding service
    Here are their contact details
    +90 242 352 25 00

    +90 242 352 25 18
  • Hi rubab

    This information is from the Turkish Ministry for Foreign Affairs website

    "Pakistan: Official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 90 days. Ordinary passport holders are requir…
  • Hi Red. Gokay and mishill

    According to the Ministry of Foreirn affairs website you need to apply to the Turkish consulate for a visa before travelling:

    Philippines: Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to ent…
  • Marites

    Hopefully the following information is useful to you:

    According to the Ministry of Foreirn affairs website you need to apply to the Turkish consulate for a visa before travelling:

    Philippines: Ordinary …
  • Weather is very unpredictable in winter.

    If you check out weather underground (www.wunderground.com) you can get a historical record as well. Average daytime temperatures are between 15 and 20degC and often it is sunny but there is a c…
  • Hi Sarah81

    Is there any particular area of Turkey you would prefer?

    Not sure if you actually need to go to the consulate if you both have your CONI (Certificate of non-impediment) There is a vice consul in Antalya (Konyaal…
  • Hi Paul

    Sorry I don't know of anyone personally - a lot of us did all the legwork ourselves :oS

    ?t may be worth browsing through Google and identify a few then take time when you come next year to check them out. Also email…
  • Neth - to work legally you need a work permit that your employer applies for on your behalf. You also require a resident's permit. ?f you work illegally you can face deportation. You can get a residents visa by applying at the local Foreigners Depa…
  • To work legally in Turkey your emploer must apply for a work permit on your behalf. ? suggest you contact the organisation and ask them to help you. They may be able to arrange a study permit for a month. Otherwise you will have to enter the country…
  • The following is quoted from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs website.
    India: Diplomatic passport holders are exempt from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 90 days. Ordinary, Special and Service passport holders are required to have visa …
  • You will be able to buy the visa at the port. Currently the fee is 10GBP for each person.

    http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa - the Ministry for Foreign Affairs website.

    Try to have new or at l…
  • This is from the MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Website http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
    Moldova: Official passport holders are exempted from visa for their travels up to 30 days. Ordinary passport holders are re…
  • Well done Kaydee! Far better to be safe than sorry. No stress now before you get to the airport.

    Weather here in Antalya is still hot - not sure where you are going!

    Have a wonderful time :o)
  • You're welcome - really isn't worth the risk. Here a lot can depend on who you get on the day and the airport but particularly due to the current situation i would suspect that rules are being applied very strictly.
  • Depends of course how long you depend staying - unfortunately now the tourist visa is for 180 days (only 90 allowed in Turkey) so this may cause problems. Before when the visa was only for 90 days this often wasn't a problem but i'm not sure now how…
  • Sorry for the delay replying but have just moved home and waited and waited for internet reconnection.....

    Beldibi is in a great area. Lots of local places to eat out at. Buses generally run until around 11.30 or midnight. Worth visitin…