Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Any minute now…
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the forum guidelines: http://forum.wordtravels.com/discussion/17906/word-travels-guidelines-for-forum-posts/
Check out our country and city guides at www.wordtravels.com



Last Active


  • I liked Yangshuo in the Guilin area but wouldn't recommend Guilin itself. It is a big city with lots of traffic and not any different to any Chinese city.

    Yangshuo however, is beautiful, with limestone Karst Mountains as a backdrop. It…
  • I got my visa through CIBT who arranged it for me through the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) and I found them to be really useful. I had a few issues applying for it myself directly with CVASC but as soon as I got in contact with CI…
  • This feedback is great for women who are thinking of travelling to China on their own. I personally found that travelling in China as a woman is quite easy in comparison to other Asian countries that I had previously visited.I found that I was left …
  • You can visit South West China at any time of the year which is great, so I wouldn't let the weather or climate put you off travelling at any time of year. South-Western China is generally wetter and hotter than other places in China so keep this in…
  • I found Nathan road to be a massive hassle factor. I was looking for my hotel and people were coming up to me asking me where I was going and when I asked for directions they would tell me that the hotel is closed etc or they didn't know where it wa…
  • If you are arranging your visa from the UK you can find the application form and the closest visa office to you via the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) and apply through them. http://www.visaforchina.org/

    Or you can, lik…